| I didn't get a pic before everyone got at the food. Oh well, Laura actually took this picture. |
I made it an Atlanta Braves theme. I ordered lots of stuff online to make it the best theme party I've ever thrown, a pretty easy task since I have never thrown a theme party anyway. =) I got Braves temporary tattoos for the guest to put on to be more festive, (I was the only one that participated in that activity.) A banner, latex balloons, table cloth, cups, plates, napkins, a huge bucket to put drinks in, pendents that I thought were smaller and was planning to put on top of the cupcakes but they were huge! All of that was decked in braves theme. All the food was Baseball theme, Cracker Jacks, peanuts scattered across the table like confetti, sunflower seeds and bubble gum placed in bowls then set in baseball gloves, I tried to have cleaver sayings to go with the food, "grand slam" soda was cheer wine, Dr. Pepper, and IBC root beer, all Evan's favorite drinks. "MVP" pretzels, (I got an Auntie Anne's pretzel mix and Laura made them up hot fresh pretzels) "No Hitter" Nachos I had a bowl of chips with salsa and gooey cheese for people that prefer dipping, and I made up a plate of nachos with cheese, and olives on them and cooked them in the oven because that is how Evan likes them. I was so busy running around they got burnt but no one seemed to care at all! I had "pop fly" popcorn, and kettle corn, I also had carmel corn but it never got opened up. "home run" hot dogs, with condiments on the side, my favorite catchy phrase was the chocolate "Chipper Jones" cupcakes. Evan loves chocolate anything so he got from scratch cupcakes, store bought icing and mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top.
Laura's kids helped put up red, white and blue streamers. Evan thought he was coming to get his hair cut but when he got there he soon caught on to all my lies. And boy did I have a time chasing my tail to come up with lies and keep them all straight. Plans kept getting fuzzy since Evan didn't know what was going on he had things he wanted us to do and it ended up not being as easy as planned to get him where I needed him to be and to get Reagan where he needed be. But it really did all work out just fine. It took Evan longer to figure out what was going on than I planned. =) I love that my Husband is so trusting and unsuspecting. I had planned on having all the guys go bowling by themselves but it just sort of worked out that the 3 of us gals went along too. Laura didn't bowl, but Angel and I did. It was a pretty steep expense paying for everyone to bowl, that was something I was not planning one. ekk, I had thought that maybe Evan would pay for the guys, but wasn't sure, but even adding 2 extra people can add up. But ya know, to make Evan's birthday a success I sucked it up. =)
Evan never gets guy time and he loves bowling. So I'm proud of the whole party. I think the food was good, the decorations were awesome, I think everyone enjoyed themselves. After bowling we went back to Laura's and played Telestrations it's like the game Telephone that kids play in school but you draw your word and pass it around instead of whisper it. The kids came back half way through our game. Evan also ended up getting a Braves T-shirt from Rich and tickets to a Braves game. It was very sweet Rich asked me in a subtle way if I was going to go to the game with him. I replied I'm totally not a sports person and every time Evan and I talked about him going to a game it was always with Rich. So I was surprised but thought it was still pretty cute when while we were bowling Evan came up to me and asked the same thing, just more direct. He asked if I would mind if he and Rich went to the game together. Sweet that these guys asked so sweetly, but in my opinion it is totally a no brainer that I would stay home, the new baby will be about a month old around that time, and I hate sports, especially baseball, AND Rich got him the tickets. that would be super rude for me to go for all of those reasons, but especially because Rich got him the tickets.
For Evan's actual birthday today I individually wrapped up each item of his lunch. And woke up early, (2am) to make him cinnamon rolls. I found out later he didn't like unwrapping everything, and he only said the cinnamon rolls were okay. =( gotta say that all kinda hurt. my intentions and efforts I feel were wasted. Especially hurtful because I was sleeping so well and really forced myself to wake up and do this for him. =( I never sleep well I wish now I would have just stayed asleep. I'm glad the surprise party was received better. =) I think Evan really enjoyed it, I hope so, because he will never get another surprise party from me. =) too stressful.


No comments:
Post a Comment