I'm working on keeping my mind focused on those that like me rather than on those that don't. After all, if I can't fix it, I guess there is no sense letting it take up space in my life.
Wednesday I went to a last minute Doterra class. I thought because of the day, and time there wouldn't be many people there, so I felt my presence was all the more important. Being a Home Party person myself I know how important it is just to have bodies fill the room. Well this house was packed! I think it was about 16+ people at this class!! Man, I wish I had turn outs like this for Shelf Reliance parties!
This party was a great boost to my self esteem. A gal that I have reached out to and tried to get to know better came up and gave me a hug and said how long it's been since she has seen me. I'm thankful she did this, because most of the times I have tried to talk to her she breezes right by me and I barely get a hi, which has made me feel like she does not care to get to know me. I tend to stop trying pretty quickly, I don't want to annoy people or push myself on them if they would rather not get to know me. I must admit, I think I had mentally given up trying with this gal, so her hug and out reach was not only perfectly timed (recent events) but it helped encourage me to keep trying with her.
Several other ladies started conversations with me as well, they sought me out, and called to me to talk! Once again, that was really valuable and precious to me. Especially because I wasn't expecting any of this. I was anticipating a small gathering, so I had not mentally prepared myself to be any certain way. I was pretty laid back and only focused on hearing what had to be said about doterra. I feel pretty sure that I'm the one that holds myself back in most social situations. I get scared of myself and it totally alters the Jenn that I want people to see. It's possible that because I wasn't expecting anything, I was in a relaxed, "normal Jenn" frame of mind maybe I gave off a good vibe that made me approachable. Who knows, all I care about is that it was a very positive experience, that really helped me to feel better about myself. It rejuvenated and refreshed me to keep going. I love unexpected blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment