Saturday, January 26, 2013

Coming to the End

I feel the end approaching so fast.  I'm getting more nervous.  It can really be any time.  Although I don't feel like it will be in Feb.  I do feel like sometime in March this baby will come.  This is a weird feeling I didn't have with Reagan.  I knew Reagan would be late so I really sat back and relaxed the whole time. 

It's also different knowing I'm going to a hospital, not only that, but this hospital is an hour away!!!  And not right off the freeway either.  We took a tour on Wed, boy am I glad we did.  All the stop lights will not be my friend on D day.  But I'm thankful I'm prepared for that so I can prepare myself for the stops and delay.  It's like when you need to pee really bad and you are almost home, but then you can't find your keys and your right at the front door!!!  Your body was ready to pee, and now it's being held up!  =)  I'm also SOOOO thankful we did the tour, their are 5 different parking garages, N, E, S, W and Central.  We need to park in the East parking garage to have the quickest access to L&D.  This is a HUGE hospital, spanning a few city blocks!!

I'm already starting to get my bags packed, something we did not do for Reagan because we were planning a home birth.  Another thing I'm nervous about is Evan's work schedule.  He goes to Knoxville ever day, that is a few hours away!  So not only is Evan a few hours away, so is the hospital.  I also have Reagan now to worry about, when will I be going into labor?  Who will be there at that time to watch him?  Will Evan be home, or will I need someone else to drive me?  They say after your first, all other babies are born faster, I didn't even know I was in labor with Reagan, I went from nothing happening to 3 cm, in a few hours with Reagan.  Will I recognize it this time, I don't want to call Evan too soon, and have me not deliver for a day or so, but I also don't want to wait to long, What if Evan is in Knoxville and misses it.  We would both be heartbroken, but we have both discussed the feeling of not wanting Evan to abandon his job if he is all the way out in Knoxville, neither of us knows at this point what the best thing to do is.

The baby is moving so much bigger now a days, it's like I said before, he doesn't move as much as Reagan did, but when he does it is BIG.  He makes me jump, his movements are so forceful, they are borderline hurtful, at the least they are VERY uncomfortable.  I don't like this because he has about 2 months left!!  He will only get bigger and want more room that he isn't getting.  yikes!

I'm nervous and excited about adding this baby to our family. And how it will effect me, Reagan, Evan, and our family.  How will it alter the routine that Reagan and I have?  How will Reagan react, will he still feel and know I love him just as much as ever, if not more?  I want this to be a positive transition for Reagan, I want and need him to know I love him so much, I hope I do a good job giving the love to my boys that each of them needs.  I know I'm going to miss the one-on-one time that Reagan and I have had, life will never be the same in a couple months.  I'm trying to make the best of it with Reagan and treasure it.  It's weird, but just feeling the upcoming arrival of baby #2, I love Reagan more, and can't wait to hold and see Reagan after his Brother arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment