This is probably a weird thing to post about to some, but extremely worth documenting for me. I was watching an episode of Pioneer Woman on Food Network, a rerun actually, but I can't remember all the recipes so I often re watch cooking shows. I'm glad I watched this one, and Evan said after we ate dinner last night that he was glad I watched this episode too! This episode was showcasing Chicken Fried Steak. As I was watching it I texted Evan at work to see if he liked Chicken Fried Steak, he replied, "of course" I asked if he liked the gravy and potato's that went with it, he replied, "of course."
So I told him I may make it for him some day.
That someday was yesterday. Evan requested Chicken Fried Steak, he mentioned being hopeful that I could get something together better than his, because he couldn't get the crust to stick on it very well. I told him I hoped so too, I had never made it and was pretty nervous. I don't like when recipes don't work out because I feel like I wasted money of food, and I'm upset by the wasted time, and frustrated something I put so much effort into came out tasting crappy, it is a big punch on my self esteem.
Everything went pretty smooth! The steaks were coming out looking great, it was all really easy to get together, and the gravy came out perfect. I'm always nervous making gravy. The biggest test was Evan! What would he think? He is the expert, he knows the taste he is looking for. I have nothing to go on because I've never had it before.
The night went perfect, we were eating less than 5 min after Evan got home! I love when that happens!! I pulled the steaks out of the oven where they were staying warm and Evan sounded optimistic when he said they looked like his mom's, and looked good.
We dished up, sat down to eat and the moaning and praises started raining down!!!! Evan kept telling me over and over how good it was, and how close it was to his Mom's, and how it was one of his favorite meals growing up, it was a tie between this and Corn beef and Cabbage. He got 3 helpings, and really got turned on first just by the idea of me making this meal for him, then after he tasted it, he kept kissing me and hugging me!! He even kept talking about it later into the evening!
It brings tears to my eyes to make my Husband so happy. It's not Evan's fault at all, but I don't feel like I offer very much to him, or bring much to the table for him to be proud of me for. So in a way I feel starved for praises from him. I crave and desire so much to hear his genuine praises of me. I love when I make him happy, or when I KNOW he knows and feels my love for him. I'm happy when I make Evan happy! And I know for sure I accomplished that last night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment