Evan took me out on a date day last night. We have both been wanting to get away so we got a little get away instead. We planned on staying at a hotel to get the luxury of neither one of us having to get up before we wanted to, to get Reagan in the morning. And also just to get a day to ourselves together.
I had recently heard gross stuff about hotel cleanliness that really grossed me out so much I had no desire to stay at a hotel ever, for the rest of my life. And also, it's very hard for me to sleep beside Evan since I'm such a light sleeper and Evan is such a noisy sleeper. I felt that as far as I was concerned the hotel stay would not work out for me the way I needed to benefit from it. So we didn't do the hotel stay.
But, what we did do was really special. Evan's mom came over once Reagan went to sleep. We drove down to Nashville, to a place called Brushfire where you paint your own pottery. This is something Evan and I did a lot of before we started adding to our family. We both love painting pottery. I find it really relaxing and I love to see what creative things Evan comes up with. We both choose to paint huge coffee mugs, Evan wanted to use his a cereal bowl and I wanted to use mine for hot chocolate, Carmel apple ciders and ice cream sundaes.
We spent a few hours there, then drove to a wonderful place called Dimo's. It was in downtown Nashville, it was the first time I have been downtown, big city anywhere in a very, very long time. every place we walked by that was a bar or restaurant had a stage and singers belting their hearts out to be "discovered". It was seriously a solid line of bars full of singers. Dimo's is a really, really delicious restaurant the price for the quality of food you get is out of this world!! I was also amazed that I had soup, rolls, appetizer, and practically scrapped my plate clean of spaghetti and meat sauce, and inhaled lot's of water. Where all this food and water was going I have no idea, with baby I always seem to have no room for much of anything.
I need to mention our conversation at dinner. We pretty much didn't have one. Which I found pretty funny. I had nothing to say, Evan never has anything to say. I couldn't help think about when we were dating we both had much more to say to each other. Now was my chance, and I had nothing!!! I always seem to have something I want to talk about, share or discuss. Evan was watching game highlights on his phone and I would just stare off. I found it pretty amusing. =) I told Evan maybe when we are 50 we won't be talking to each other at all because we will already know what the other person is thinking! =) He said that would be awesome, but we both agreed, with someone like me, that would most likely never really happen. =)
We parked in a great spot, Dimo's and The Melting Pot were only about a block away, so we walked there, hoping there would be a wait to allow our dinner to digest. There wasn't a wait, but once again I'm amazed to say I fit all our dessert in with no problem! Mmm, mmm do I love the melting pot!! Evan was even able to watch the rest of the Duke game while I called to check in on Reagan.
I missed him so much, I don't know how I'm going to be when I'm forced to be away from him for so long when I'm delivering the baby. =( I wanted to run into the house and just squeeze Reagan all up and kiss his little face all over. We are never apart, so our little separations really tear at my heart. I've NEVER spent so much time with anyone in my life, so I really feel his absence and it makes me sad to think of him growing up and getting further away from me. It's all down hill from the moment they are born, it's just a continuous cycle of growing up, and getting further away from you and needing you less and less and less. I felt last night for just a glimpse of how fast this time I have with my children really will be, and what a responsibility I have to cram as much correct, righteous knowledge as I can into him.
No comments:
Post a Comment