Monday, March 4, 2013

Regular Reagan

Reagan is a typical 2 yo.  He is getting into EVERYTHING.  He has to touch every thing, and puts everything in his mouth still, I think that is mostly due to him getting his 2 year molars.  He is climbing out of his crib daily.  Evan thinks it's time to get him a big boy bed.  I see this as a reason to keep him in his crib.  Lets not make it easy for him to get into everything.

His room is not Reagan proof, nor will it ever be.  I do not have the patience and temperment to clean up his mess at least twice a day after he has made a disaster of his room.  To make his room Reagan proof we would have to have only his mattress and bedding in the room; NOTHING else.  I have already done what I can to make his room Reagan proof long enough for me to get in there and get him, and even that has not proved sucessful.  So keeping him as confined as possible until his understand and maturity grows is the best thing...for me, and for him.

We got a baby video monitor, which has been the biggest blessing.  It is humourous to watch him, and also pretty cool that we are able to talk to him through a microphone!  I just wish were able to buy the camera that moves and scans the room!!  =)

Despite having the baby monitor we still miss some things.  We don't turn the monitor on religiously.  I hope I have learned my lesson now to turn it on all the time, no matter what!  There have been 2 times now where we have not turned on the monitor and ended up being sorry.

1st, we had JUST got the video monitor I wasn't at home when he went for his nap, Evan put him to bed.  Evan told me when I got home that he had grabed a picture frame and put it in his crib.  He must have also been jumping around too, because it broke, we did not know this of course!!!!  When Evan went to pick him up from his not very sound sleep there was glass all over.  There was blood all over, but Evan didn't see anything on Reagan.  After I examined him closer all he got from all the broken glass was a tiny cut on his finger!!  We are all so blessed in situation.

2nd, just last night the monitor was up stairs, I didn't want to make Evan go back up to get it, and it really wears me out to go up and down the stairs, and also, our creeky floors will give us away to Reagan and he gets upset when we don't come in to get him.  But I finally did go upstairs to get the monitor and sure enough he heard me and wanted to be with whoever was upstairs.  So I open the door and just tell him to get in bed.  As he gets in bed I hear the pop of glass!!  Again!!!!  I turn on the lite to see that he had thrown in a tiny snow globe, when he fell into bed it pushed againest the bars and busted.  =(  Reagan was totally fine, he was in sleeper footies, and had not even touched the glass.  Evan and I both took care of the mess and that was that.

All morning I have been totally redoing his bedroom AGAIN, I have been redoing, and redoing his bedroom to keep it Reagan proof, but there honestly is just nothing I can do to keep this kid from finding a way to be destructive or touch things he shouldn't!!  I hope now I have finally put up, packed up, and moved everything that can cause his harm.  I still feel there are areas for improvement, I hope it can hold out until this weekend when Evan and I can go to Lowes and get items to make things more stable and secure.

Reagan got a pea stuck up his nose this weekend and was having a sneeze attack.  We are both fighting to get over a cold so I wasn't too surprised.  I kept trying to get him to blow his nose, finally he climbed up into my lap and I saw the pea!!!  Evan was laughing, and I was trying to be stern and tell Reagan that it wasn't funny, and we don't stick peas up our nose.  I hope he listened to me, and not his Papa's laughing. =P

I'm really looking forward to spring to get us out of the house so Reagan can get his energy out during the day.  I wish I could just let him play in the big yard we have here but everyone with dogs let them crap all over and no one picks up after them!  =(  I'm planning on joining the Y too to get back in shape after baby arrives and I hope the time Reagan spends in there daycare will help him get some social interaction and activity he needs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment