Monday, April 22, 2013

Fun Day

I feel I need to express thanks and make sure I keep this memory of the great day our family had today.

Evan didn't have to work today.  Bummer, yet I was thankful at the same time.  I was very tired last night and was wishing I had one more night where Evan didn't have to go to work so he could take over for me and I could get more sleep.

Evan was awesome last night.  Gideon was very noisy last night.  It hard to really explain, but I know years from now when Evan and I look back and read this we will know what it all means. =)  He isn't necessarily cranky, or crying, just making loud noises, that at times if left unattended could possibly turn into more.  It's just enough noise that you need to almost constantly be holding the paci in his mouth to keep him quite so we can sleep.  It's a rough cycle, if you fall asleep, and Gideon falls asleep, his paci will fall out and it starts all over again.  He is actually good at keeping it in his mouth, but his hands still spazz out and knock it out of his mouth, or he will fall asleep and it may fall out.

Then, we aren't totally sure yet which noise means he is hungry, since everything still pretty much sounds the same.  I still fed Gideon a couple times, only because my boobs told me I had to!!!  I was still up every time Evan was.  But it is totally different being woken up, and being able to go back to sleep, and being woken up and know you are in charge of stopping the racket.  I was very thankful for Evan.  And felt bad for him at the same time.  I asked him this morning how he liked being Mama for the night.  He said he didn't, he liked being Papa and sleeping! hahaha  I wonder if he appreciates me more now?!?!  If so, than it was all worth it!

I was planning on taking the boys to the library so Evan could catch up on his sleep. When I woke Evan up to tell him where we were going he wanted to go with us!  That made me so happy!  It always makes everything better when we do it as a family.  This was Reagan's 2nd time going to their singing and story time.  He didn't like it the first time, and threw himself on the floor to keep from going in this time.  So I guess for now, we are done busting our tush's to get to story time.  I picked up a few Thomas the Train books, and a Wiggles book.  I LOVE the library, I got so excited looking at all the wonderful books, and I can't wait for Reagan's love of books to grow as he gets older too!

We went home for nap time, then went out to Rotary park to play.  Evan and Reagan had a blast on the playground, then we went down and played in the creek.  Reagan got down to his diaper and had a blast throwing rocks, splashing and trying to be like Papa.=) 

We went out for a family dinner, and surprised Reagan by going to Baskin & Robbins to tie up the whole evening.  What made the day so fun was being together as a family, and the excitement Reagan had every where we went, and for everything we did.  It filled my Mama love cup.  Even though I didn't play with Reagan and interact with him like Evan did.  It filled my heart that he got prime special time with at least one of us.

Gideon slept just about the whole time so I got to enjoy watching Evan and Reagan play.  I got my special time with Reagan this evening.  Evan went to bed early so I got to put Reagan to bed.  I loved holding him in my lap and reading 3 of the books we just got from the library.  Snuggling while I sang, I'm a Child of God, Child's Prayer and Silent Night.  I was thankful again that Gideon slept so I could have that moment with Reagan.

I'm very blessed that we made the most of our day together, that we were able to go to dinner and dessert tonight, I'm thankful Evan & Reagan got special time together, and Reagan and I got special time together.  I'm thankful for my wonderful Children.  God has blessed me.  I'm truly nothing special at all.  My faults and weaknesses are still there, but I have a testimony that God does not give you more than you can handle.  I credit my Father in Heaven for ALL my successes.  I'm blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment