Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring Time Zoo Trip

I'm trying to get in as many trips to the Zoo before our membership runs out.  It has been more than worth it this year I'm very happy with that purchase. =)

Last week was icy snow, and today was 77 degrees out.  The Zoo was packed, like I knew it would be.  We almost didn't go, I had told Reagan last night that we might go to the Zoo today and it seems like whenever I mention it to him he acts like a beast the day of and I threaten not going.  At one point I had sent him to his room and told him we weren't going.  I meant it, I was so frustrated with his total lack of listening today.  But I managed to calm down and he was very sorry and asking to go to the Zoo.  We were all ready anyway, and I wanted us to go, it was a glorious day that would have been a sin to miss.  So I showed forgiveness and mercy just like we all need at times and we went.

Reagan was a pretty good boy at the Zoo, I could tell he was trying to obey and listen, but I think it was just an off day for him, he was really struggling.  When we looked at the Kangaroo's you get to walk around where they are but you need to stay on the path.  I could see the struggle with his body and mind to listen to me, but yet still want to get off the path just a little.  He was pushing the limit's all day.  You are allowed to pet and touch the Kangaroo's if they come onto the path; 1 had done so and Reagan ran to pet him, the Kangaroo had moved off into the grass before Reagan could really get to touch him, and I was way behind trying to manuvere a double jogging stroller on a small path crowded with adults and kids of all sizes.  Reagan ran off the path to pet the Kangaroo and he even got his arms around him to hug him!!  There are Zoo Workers by all the Kangaroo's to help keep kids like Reagan in check, since I was still trying to get to him, and not wanting to leave Gideon behind to get nabbed the worker had to pry Reagan off the Kangaroo and put him back on the path. 

He knew he had done a No-No when someone else tells him no, he is more apt to listen.  I took him aside and talked to him.  I told him I understood that he was excited and asked him if he forgot.  Then I reminded him that he needs to stay on the path. But we left after that, I didn't want to get kicked out.




No comments:

Post a Comment