Saturday, May 16, 2009

Friday Fun

Yesterday while at work Evan sent me a text letting me know he was off early but had to work on Saturday. I gave him a quick call to have him come down to where I work in Tukwila to make the most of our Friday together. I work a stones throw from the Family Fun Center and since Evan and I had coupons to this place it seemed like the natural place to go.

We started off at the GoKarts, I didn't really want to go on this one. So Evan came up with the idea that I get my camera that I left in my purse which was in the car. Isn't it funny, that the person that doesn't like pictures is the one getting all the pictures taken, but the people that love photos are ususally the ones behind the camera...or look the worst in the pictures. =) Once I got back everyone was getting seated in their cars.

Of course, Evan placed first!

After GoKarts we played mini golf. I liked that activity the best. I stink at it, but I have fun kicking the ball with my feet to help it stop or go where I want it too. I'm not a good play mate for Evan at these places. He wants to keep score and be competive, boy did he marry the wrong person for that. =P

Hole in 1!!!

I think Evan said he got -10 as his final score. I guess that is good.

After golf we went to this huge swing thing. I would have done this one but I just didn't feel sure about it's safety...so I let Evan go on it. =) After I saw him do it and nothing bad happened, I kinda wanted to go...

WEEEEE!!!!!

but intstead we went inside to the arcade area and looked around...I have done lazer tag one other time in my life and I didn't like it then. What made me think I might like it now, this time with a highly competive husband that shows no mercy even to those he loves the most...I don't know. But I was the one that brought up trying lazer tag. I would have expected Evan to be really excited about this but he didn't seem really into it. Its possible that he too knew the woman he married, and knew that he would slaughter me in this thing and we would most likely leave the lazer tag with me in tears upset that my husband actually shot me...

He looks sweet and innocent now...

We were the only ones in the lazer tag. I picked a spot and sat and waited. Constantly telling myself mentally to be a good sport, I knew that Evan would totally dominate this game and would shot me all to heck. But I was determined to do my best and stay postive. So I waited and waited, looking all over for Evan, but I never saw him. I had a view of the whole area, but the game had barely started and my gear started freaking out on me. I never even shot my gun once. It's hard to explain, but my gear didn't seem to work right. While I was just sitting there waiting, with full power, the next time I looked down I had no power. I still couldn't find Evan to tell him my stuff wasn't working. Long story short, I did leave the lazer place upset, but not at Evan.

I guess Evan was shotting me the whole time but since I never saw him I didn't know. It does really stink that I don't like playing any games with Evan. I love games, but I miss playing with people for the fun of it, like my old girlfriends that could play for hours and not care who was winning and make up rules as we go along to support the other person to win. Evan and I are NOT compatible game players. =(

After that stunning game of lazer tag we went down stairs and spent the rest of the tokens on arcade games. I do enjoy watching Evan play his favorite game...what it's called I don't know.

But he is really good at it and we got a lot of tickets. Evan played the basketball shotting game too, but you don't get tickets for it. I didn't see the point in playing it then. Once we cashed in our tickets we had enough to get a purple fluffy ball and a licorce rope for me, and Evan got a blue little cap thing that pops, candy, and a claw grabby thing...

This is my favorite picture of Evan playing w/ his new toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment