Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm an awsome Wife


Evan and I sort of had a deal that he would get me a tazer for a wedding present and I would get him a gun.

Well, Evan got me the tazer and a necklace but I had yet to get him a gun. Because at the time of our engagement and right up until the day before we left for Maui I was unemployed. Well now I have an amazing job and can finally back up my word.

Evan was miraculously off work on Monday and I mentioned to Evan that we could go down to Cabela's if he wanted and get him a gun. He got so excited he didn't believe me. He really thought I was just messing with him to be mean and asked me a few times if I was serious. If at that point I would have told him I was kidding, (which I wasn't) it really might have broken his heart.

You could really tell a difference in Evan's countenance as we were heading down South. Evan knew exactly the gun he wanted, a Glock 30. Once we got there the man behind the counter barely looked and said they didn't have it. But Evan looked for a quick moment and found it almost instantly! =) Evan filled the required paperwork out for a handgun and was told we may have to wait anywhere from 1-2 weeks for it to be processed and get a response.

Then, yesterday while at work Evan calls to tell me the paperwork already went through and we could pick up the gun anytime. Of course I didn't miss his point. We went after work back down to Cabela's to pick up his gun. =) Evan looked like a little boy at Christmas waiting to open his long awaited present. I have not ever seen Evan so excited or happy. He kept saying how awesome I was and thanking me constantly.

Evan's happiness and excitement made this large purchase worth every penny!

Also, while there we had dinner at the restaurant. I got a Bison sandwich, and Evan got an Elk sandwich. I liked both of them! I can't wait to go back again and maybe try an Ostrich or Wild Boar sandwich...

1 comment: