
From the moment I heard it was going to be a beautiful weekend I knew what I wanted to share with Evan. Thankfully he didn't have to work this weekend. I wanted to share with Evan some of the happiest moments of my childhood that all took place in the islands. I wanted us to take a Ferry ride, because I know that is something Evan has been wanting to do and that is also part of the fun experience of going to the islands. However, neither one of us wanted to wait in the long ferry lines since it was a holiday weekend.
Then we went to Fort Casey. I was pretty sure Evan would like Fort Casey. We walked around the grounds and searched inside the little nooks and crannies that are sooo dark, wet and dirty. Of course I brought a flash light and went just about everywhere. Unfortunately part of the fort was closed down. so we couldn't go everywhere. =( 
Once Evan and I walked out and saw the beach at Fort Casey he brought up getting a grill and cooking up some hot dogs on the beach. I loved that idea, so back we went to Walmart where we got a cooler, grill, charcoal, hot dogs, RC Cola and Moon pies, BBQ chips, a kite and all the fixings for smores!!!
Thankfully the island we wanted to go to is also accessible if you are willing to take a longer drive up North and go over Deception Pass. And since Deception Pass is one of the sites I wanted to show Evan it worked out well. Once we parked I wanted to go to the place that I always go to with my family, but instead Evan led me off another trail. It's funny how set I get in my ways. At first it felt like doing something other then what I always do with my family was wrong, "we can't go down that trail, my mom never went down there with us kids." =) But then I realized, how fun, to explore a new place! The beach we walked along was really crowded and I didn't want to be around other people, but Evan found a piece of beach that didn't have anyone on it because you can't get to it unless you are daring like Evan. =) So of course, he went down to explore. I stayed where it was safe and took pictures.
In the process of Evan being a daring mountain climber he ripped his pants. =D It was hilarious walking back to the car and having to walk in front of him as we walked past women and little kids. We needed to hit Walmart now and get him some new pants. =) 
In the process of Evan being a daring mountain climber he ripped his pants. =D It was hilarious walking back to the car and having to walk in front of him as we walked past women and little kids. We needed to hit Walmart now and get him some new pants. =) 
Then we went to Fort Casey. I was pretty sure Evan would like Fort Casey. We walked around the grounds and searched inside the little nooks and crannies that are sooo dark, wet and dirty. Of course I brought a flash light and went just about everywhere. Unfortunately part of the fort was closed down. so we couldn't go everywhere. =( 
Once Evan and I walked out and saw the beach at Fort Casey he brought up getting a grill and cooking up some hot dogs on the beach. I loved that idea, so back we went to Walmart where we got a cooler, grill, charcoal, hot dogs, RC Cola and Moon pies, BBQ chips, a kite and all the fixings for smores!!!Once we got down to the beach I read my book while Evan assembled the grill, once it was heating up Evan put together his kite and finally got the kite up! It was so picturesque. I really loved our whole evening, the sound of the waves on the shore, the view, the moment. It was a good memory maker that I really soaked in. 

We grilled up the hot dogs, then took a little walk to look at a dead snake Evan found while he was flying his kite. Then since I was getting so cold and the blanket was no longer doing it's job we cooked up the smores then headed out.
I usually don't get as far as actually making a smore, I usually lose patience and burn my marshmallow on purpose. I used to think they were yummy that way. But since I was toasting my marshmallow over coals I had to be patient and I actually got to enjoy a real toasted marshmallow! Then Evan helped me cook up the 2nd one and gave me the best smore I have ever eaten.
I usually don't get as far as actually making a smore, I usually lose patience and burn my marshmallow on purpose. I used to think they were yummy that way. But since I was toasting my marshmallow over coals I had to be patient and I actually got to enjoy a real toasted marshmallow! Then Evan helped me cook up the 2nd one and gave me the best smore I have ever eaten.On our way home we stopped off at Deception Pass again. We didn't spend much time there cause I was still thawing out from the beach. But we both agree we will be coming here a lot more now. I'm so glad Evan liked it. It was such a great day. So lovely!!!
sounds like a wonderful time! i'm so jealous! loren and i haven't had a real date in months!
ReplyDelete:(