Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas celebration

Christmas morning we woke up and got at our presents! Evan got me the Zak Brown Band on CD, 3 sweaters, a purple makeup bag, pink PJ's, he got us both the game Set...and stocking stuffer stuff. =) I got Evan a mask to keep his face warm while he works, pictures from our wedding for his wallet, a battery for his watch, and a sound machine clock that projects the time on the ceiling.
Our morning look. =P
We're still like kids, and can't wait to get at our presents!We then got ready to head to Adam's house for our traditional Christmas Crepes. I had bought Adam a crepe maker and was anxious to see how it was working... Breakfast was delicious as always! Adam makes world famous eggs...well, they should be world famous!Alyssa doing the splits in jeans, she later asked if I could do a back bend, I said yes, then took it upon my self to show her....I think that was the last back bend I will ever do. =PRyan and Alyssa, determined to open her gift!Sweet little Jake opening and playing with his new toysMom opening her gift from the kids she watches Later that day we went back to the Hilton's for Christmas dinner Italian style. Pres. Hilton is an amazing Chef! It was very comfortable and relaxing, socializing with people and just taking in the spirit of the season. The day after Christmas we went to my Uncle Doug's house for the other half of my families Christmas celebration. I like getting together with my family, it's even better now that I'm older. I only took one picture...
Adam sat with my Great Grandma for probably over an hour just sitting and listening to stories from her past. He found out a lot of great things he never knew. I love my Grandma Davis. She is my last Grandma living. It was sort of difficult being at my Uncle Doug's. He is my Grandma B's Brother so he has pictures of my Grandma everywhere. I felt like her spirit was there, but it's just not the same with out her. We didn't say prayer over the meal, but I knew if my Grandma B was there, she would have made sure it was said. Christmas isn't that same without my Grandma. I guess that is one Christmas wish that I will never be given.

This was our first Christmas together married! It was nice. I look forward to many more, and count on them just getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment