Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Not so sure anymore.

Just a few weeks ago a police officer was assassinated here, then just this week 4 other officers were killed by one man down in Lakewood. Then I just happened to be watching Most Shocking videos and watched an officer be shot at point blank range by two men who emptied both their guns into him. With all that has happened I sat there and cried just repeating in my mind how I don't want Evan to become a cop anymore. Especially not here in WA where it seems like they are really being targeted right now. Before the 4 cops were killed this week I mentioned to Evan that we will really need to make it a matter of prayer as to weather he should be a cop right now. Then last night Evan and I were talking and Evan told me the guy that killed the cops was found and killed. And that now he wants to be a cop more then ever!!!!

I was shocked, because now I'm more certain then ever that I don't want him to be a cop. I asked Evan why, he said so that he can put people like these guys away. I told him how I feel and of course he said that would never happen to him. I'm sure that is what the officers that are now dead said too. I just don't feel good about this, but I guess if we make it a matter of prayer and get a clear answer then all will be as God intended. But I sure hope I get my way on this matter.

1 comment:

  1. i can certainly understand your reservations just as someone wouldn't want their loved one being deployed in all that mess but i truly beleive when it's your time it doesn't matter what you are doing. you will be protected if it isn't meant to be. of course pray about it though....a big decision!!

    ReplyDelete