"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley
Thursday, August 5, 2010
27 Week Update
I'm now in my 3rd Trimester, the home stretch!!! It's mind blowing. I have a feeling it's going to go by very fast for me.
We had our first Hypnobabies birthing class this week. I really liked it, it appears even Evan did too. Which really surprised me since he was not very for this before. It helps when your birth partner is on board and with you. =) There is a lot of home"play" (work) we have to do everyday. I alternate a hypnobaby CD one day and have Evan read a hypno script to me the next day. Evan didn't do it with me yesterday so I played the CD, and he didn't do it with me today either so I ended up calling my Visiting Teacher and she came over and read the script to me. I think from now on I'll take the CD they offered to check out that has the script on it, with Evan's schedule I think it is the smartest thing to do. I hope I can at least make it happen for this week without the script on CD. In addition to alternating CD for Script reading I have to listen to a positive affirmation CD every day, I can do that in the car, or when I'm trying to go to sleep. THEN, I also have to practice a 'Finger Drop Technique' 5 times a day to help me instantly get into deep hypnosis whenever I want. This doesn't take long but all of this together is a lot of change pretty fast. It's still pretty fun for right now. I'm excited to use this when the time comes...I hope it works...I'll let ya know! =)
The fun thing I have noticed is the baby really responds now whenever I take my deep breathes. At anytime of day he seems to enjoy having a calm Mommy. =) Imagine that! The baby also seems to rock out, without fail when I play the song Low by FloRida don't know if he hates it or likes it...
Evan woke me up the other night poking my tummy and laughing. I guess the baby was moving and kicking while I was sleeping and Evan was having fun playing with him, poking my tummy, then I hear a giggle from Evan. I'm still trying to sleep when I feel Evan kiss my tummy and hear him quietly whispering to my tummy. =) I wish I could hear what he was saying. But it was sweet just the same. I wish he was as into the baby and my tummy when I'm awake so I can enjoy it more.
Today I had my first ever "real" Dr appt at an OBGYN, all the usual stuff happened. I got weighed, I'm 153, which I guess was good, since before pregnancy I was in the process of losing weight and was vacillating between 140-145. When she measured and felt around my tummy she made me happy by say, "Oh, you are all baby!" That was much better then hearing, "oh, you're all fat" =) I had Evan record the baby heartbeat this time, he was trying to record it on his phone at the same time, so both of his hands were full, the nurse moved the little monitor thing so Evan could get video of it, he thought he got it, but as you can see, all you have to look at is my tummy going up and down. I was laughing because the baby was kicking the monitor thing. I can't help laughing when he kicks really good! If you look real close you may see the little kick just before I start to laugh. The heartbeat was good, 140.
I also had all my initial tests done, and the oh so fun diabetes test! Yes, I'm still planning the at home birth with a midwife, but I needed to go to an OBGYN for the tests. I don't have any problem going to an OBGYN for my prenatal appts, but when it comes to the actual delivery, my lower half is not a party for strangers to come in to view and look at every 10 minutes. Plus I just don't think the hospital delivery process and procedures are for me at all. I could go into detail...maybe later.
The baby will be 2 and a quarter lbs this week like a chinesse cabbage, & 14.8 inches. I can now actually feel parts of the baby through my tummy, where as before my tummy just felt like mush all over and I would only know where the baby was when he kicked or moved. But now I can sometimes see where he is and feel his body! That is AWESOME!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I found ya! That was a fun party! And you are a crazy girlie! I wish I could dance like you! haha.
ReplyDeleteps: I really like your blog. You can say in perfect words what I feel sometimes. I wish I could do that! You are a lovely lady
ReplyDelete