Every Sunday has many wonderful special moments. I love to watch all the kids sing in Sharing Time. I don't care that my favoritism shows, I especially love to watch Landon and Levi sing. Sadly, I don't know many of the primary songs they sing. (not that same ones I sang in Primary) But watching the kids totally takes over so I find I forget to sing even when I do know the words because the kids are all so darn cute. Here is a small video clip of Landon and Levi doing Sign Language to one of the Primary songs. I missed the beginning which is my favorite part to watch them sign. But it's totally adorable anyway..
In our class last week I taught about Sharing. At the end I brought out our bag of candy which the kids have gotten used to having at the end of the lesson. I counted out enough pieces for each child then made a face and took it all back into my lap and said, "You know what, I don't think I really have enough to give everyone a piece. I just don't think I really want to give this up, I like them all so much I want to keep them to myself." I wish I had video to show how every kids face dropped!!! I swear, some looked like they were about to cry, all were in shock. The protests started up how that wasn't right and how I needed to share. I keep on for a minute or so about how I just wasn't sure I had enough to share then I decided that I would split the kids candy between 2 girls that were the most reverent in class that day. Then I asked them, "Okay, so now I shared, is everyone happy now?" Of course they all said no. While I was still talking the 2 girls started handing out their candy to all the other kids. I didn't even have to get to that point of my lesson and mention that they might want to share. It was so precious to see their little faces and emotions go up and down in a matter of 2 minutes.
A couple weeks ago we taught a lesson, Choosing the Right make Me Feel Happy. Evan read a story about a girl who had taken her friends toy without asking, once she got home she had to play with the toy in secret because no one could know what she did. Evan asked what this little girl could do to make it right. We got a lot of great answers like, tell her mom, say I'm sorry and give it back, etc. Then one little girl piped up and said, "sneak it back and she'll never know." I cracked up!! What a hilarious, HONEST answer!! I was shocked a little 5-6 yo mind would think it out so clearly. I just assumed at that age things like that are done more instinctual then pre-meditated. Either way. Evan and I both got a kick out of that answer. We sort of skipped over her comment since thankfully kids were spitting out answers left and right and we hoped no one else heard what she said.
Today in church when I sat down in Sharing Time sweet Annika gave me a little note.
I love every kid in the class we are teaching. They are so smart, and sweet, and pay attention really well. I love little kid notes and pictures.
A mom came up to us a couple weeks ago and said her son raves about our class and says he likes us because we don't yell at them. =) hahaha, that's good to hear I guess. =)

awwwww, i absolutely LOVE that you posted this! so, so sweet, the little kids! :) i sure love being in primary! annika's note was so thoughtful! and that answer, LOL, sneak it back! :)
ReplyDelete