My goal: Lay off nit picking Evan for a whole week.
Outcome: We are all still alive and healthy
Lesson Learned: Reagan will survive and be just fine, fingers in mouth, being rough housed by Papa, and being fed formula and bedtime routines blown aside.
To the best of my knowledge I only had one not so great moment, not letting go. But other than that I think I did really well. I guess you would have to ask Evan how I did for a more objective and accurate assessment. I need to be honest, Evan did work a lot from 11am-9pm so that ate up a few days of the week and made it easier on me. But there where many moments when I wanted to say something but I didn't. I was very proud of myself, and I'm very happy to say I was so glad I didn't say anything. I wasn't stressing out at all by not saying anything. I really do trust Evan and found that most of the nit picky things I say to him are just me instinctually thinking out loud.
I felt a lot better this week, it felt good to let go and was easier then I thought it would be. I enjoyed it. I need to keep setting goals like this. I don't seem to do as well just saying, "I'm going to let go this year." I need to set tiny goals that seem more attainable, eventually leading to bigger and longer goals. It's much easier for me to focus on letting go for a week then a year. So I'll try for another week...then another week, etc. Till this year is up and hopefully I'm a much improved person by the end of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment