Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Reagan's first Zoo

We went to the Zoo with Laura and the cousins today.  I was able to get in as a guest on Laura's membership card so we only had to pay for Evan to get in.  AND, we got our parking validated due to Laura being a member.  So we saved another $5 there!  How typical that I start off a blog post by talking about saving money. =)

Our little family at the zoo (picture taken by Annika)
Reagan had to be woken up this morning.  I have never had to wake him up before.  I felt so bad...so Evan did it for me. =)  I thought he would sleep on the way there but he didn't so I strapped him to me when we got there and he fell right to sleep.  I have spoiled my baby and he now prefers to be held while he naps.

 First animals we saw were the Elephants.  I'm so glad I had an opportunity to wear my awesome hat!  Evan LOVES, LOVES me in this hat.  (Thanks again Mom)

 I guess this picture would have made more sense if that lady and her kid weren't behind us.  I was trying to get a picture with the giraffes, Great Grandma B's favorite animal.  You can sort of see them in the next photo



It looks like we ar trying to hide our famous Son.
That camo hat was the only sensible hat I had for him to wear.  I thought Camo was appropriate for looking at animals today.


My little Elmer Fudd!


"Shhh, I'm huntin wabbits"


patiently waiting


"I got one Mom!"




 We couldn't stay too long because Evan had to be back up to Clarksville for work.  I'm so thankful Laura is a Zoo Pro.  I didn't even think about food for us, but Laura happened to have enough to share.  Laura and Evan both thought about reminding me, but both assumed, knowing me I would remember.  I had nothing to remember since the thought just never occurred to me.  Had I thought about lunch or eating I would have packed a lunch. 

"um Papa, I don't like the way that guy is looking at me."
  I love these kids.  Annika is one of the gals that was in our first Primary class, she is a great artist, and a great reader. (I think one of the boys should make a Richards out of her when they get older) =)

Cousins Leila, Levi, Landon and Annika (I love how Leila is so studiously looking at her map)
 It made me laugh to see all the kids pop open all their maps right when we got in the Zoo and start navigating.  Loni loves her Cousin Reagan.  Her is a pic and video of her playing with his feet.

1 comment:

  1. hey, comments work again! video is so cute and i love all the pics you got! we had fun today but my neck got TORCHED!!! thanks for helping us eat our food! :)

    ReplyDelete