Monday, March 21, 2011

1 Week Challenge

I'm posting this goal because if I make my goals known I'm more likely to keep them and work on them if I have some accountability.

I have set up a 1 week goal for myself.  To help with my year long goal to, Let Go I'm starting in my home with my family and the ones who mean the most to me, my Husband and Reagan.  I don't bug Reagan about anything...except to stop pulling on my boob when he is nursing but I'm not really expecting that to change anytime soon.  But I have noticed and don't like how I have been so naggy to Evan about little things that I'm positive I can let go of. 

I don't expect perfection from anyone, but the way I go off sometimes you would think that is exactly what I expect from Evan.  I'm SOO totally happy with my Husband.  If he remained just the way he is right now I could live with that the rest of my life.  Of course I hope neither of us stays where we are or who we are, my point is just that I love my husband so much and I'm so happy and blessed to be with him I want to make sure I honor him outwardly to show how much I think of him inwardly.

So for one week I'm going to do my very best to Let Go and just let Evan be and do as he will and enjoy the moments with him.  Most of my nagging is about Reagan, I admit that I'm all over him about not putting his fingers in Reagan's mouth, or playing too hard with him, of being more quiet all the time when he comes home from work, or telling when to put in and take out his paci.  Evan seriously has the patience of a saint to put up with me as well as he does.

I have noticed my edginess and hate that I'm such a freak about Reagan.  So many times I open my big mouth and instantly wish I would have just kept it shut.  What I go off about is not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  I trust Evan with Reagan so I should really start acting like it.  So in general I'm making this an Honor Evan week!

I have been trying to get better off and on for awhile now, but I mentioned to Evan that starting today, for a whole week I'm going to work extra hard to keep my mouth shut and let go as much as I can.  On Sunday, before my week of silence was to begin. =)  heehee  I requested three things of Evan to help me succeed.

1. Please don't put your fingers in Reagan's mouth or around it unless you have washed your hands.  It would really help my head not to explode if when you did put your fingers in his mouth if you could let me know you washed them since you know I'll be wondering.

2. Please don't eat Reagan's hair or put your lips around his little cute locks of hair.  It grosses me out and I really can't stand that. (He doesn't really eat it, he just likes his little fluffy hair and likes to wrap his lips around it, but it looks like he is eating it. ) =)

3. And finally in general help me out, support me in my goal to let go and don't mess with me and try to tease me and annoy me just to be funny.

Evan was fine with all that, but was hurt I would think he would try to mess me up or stress me out while I'm trying so hard to be better.  To my defense, Evan likes to mess with me, he generally knows when its appropriate or not but I just wanted to get out my three requests so I could go into this knowing I was ready.  I think so far I done a pretty good job.  I'll report back next week...

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny!! Making rules before your week of silence! :) Good luck with that! I know that I could never do it!! lol.

    ReplyDelete