Saturday, March 12, 2011

Kids say the funniest things

I'll start with this morning...

E and I went to a baptism this morning and one of our little primary kids wanted to sit on my lap.  Once she got settled she said, "I like to sit with you because your just so pretty and nice." awww
While she was still on my lap she asked if she could tell me something.  I said sure, so she whispers in my ear, "One day when I was sitting in my car I held my sock out the window and it blew away."  I thought that was so funny, so I asked her if she threw the other one out later.  She said, "No, I still have it."
Evan and I were talking about her story on our way home and Evan mentioned that she was probably confessing to me.  I hadn't thought about that, but it make sense.  On Sunday I gave the lesson on Repentance, so maybe she thought I was a safe person to tell her bad thing to.  =)  That is so cute.  I can see how at that age losing a sock out the window might seem like a huge bad thing.
The same little girl walked back to our seats with E and I after the baptism, on the way she blurts out, "When are we going to eat?!"

On the topic of Sunday's Primary lesson.  I did not ask for stories at all but I guess kids feel like with a lesson on Repentance is a great time to start spilling their little 5-6yo guts. 
Emily raised her hand and said, "I have a story about Eva." (another gal in our class)  I quickly stopped her and asked if it was a secret.  She said it was.  I told her she probably should keep her to herself then.  To which Eva pipes in, "It's okay Emily, you can tell my secret."  So Emily spilled the beans..."Eva told me her secret is that she loves her Mommy."  awwwww  how cute is that?!!  Not the juicy piece of 5yo gossip I was expecting but I loved it.

Last cute moment

At the end of my lesson I was bearing my testimony about how grateful I was for repentance and Christ sacrifice.  Well, partly because I'm just Jenn, and partly because only half of my class listens at 1 time I repeated myself a couple times.  So the boy next to me interjects, "You already said that! Why do you keep repeating yourself?"  It made me chuckle.  But I told him it was because not everyone listens all the time and what I had to say was important.

I'm starting to like my class more and more.  They are still a handful but most of them are growing on me.  1 or 2 I'd still like to strap them to their seats and tape up their mouths.  Bless their hearts. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment