Reagan has been getting more and more picky with his food. He used to love squash and sweet potatos. Both have a sweetness to them but are good for him. As I sit here I just remembered he likes corn too. I need to try that some more. I'm not going to be one of those mom's that force my kids to eat food they don't like. But it seems to me that he doesn't want anything unless he can taste the sugar. So with that I'm going to take my Sister in law's advice and get rid of sugar for awhile.
He loves the oatmeal he gets in the morning because it is cinnamon ROLL flavor. I bought that on accident. I thought I was grabbing the cinnamon flavor oatmeal packets. No wonder he enjoys his breakfast so much. Which one of us wouldn't mind a cinnamon roll for breakfast everyday?! I also think I'm just going to keep a box of the packet oatmeal on hand for emergencies. Making the oatmeal out of the canisters takes the same amount of time, and I bet is cheaper!!
So starting today Reagan is going on a sugar detox!! Only natural sugars that come in his fruits, etc. Reagan has been such a pill lately at lunch and dinner. He will take four bites of food, then he will squish his food out with his tongue!! GRRRR, it really upsets me. He knows better, AND, he never does it with anything I give him with sugar in it!! I don't mind feeding him the foods that he likes, but it can't be all sugar. He will start to acquire a taste for the natural fruits and veggies or be a very hungry boy!
haha, evan wouldn't let you make him even if you tried, bc of his growing up years, lol. good luck, hopefully his buds will change quickly!
ReplyDelete