"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Reagan's last "First Holiday" Halloween
I think my little pumpkin is so adorable!!!
Reagan dressed up as a Giraffe for Halloween this year. It is only sentimental to me. My Grandma B's favorite animal was a giraffe so I personally had special attachment to Reagan being a giraffe. I didn't go out looking for this outfit. But when I saw it I knew that was it. I got it 2nd hand from Once Upon a Child.
As a family we were heading out to the Ward Trunk or Treat on Saturday while on our way Evan was called into work. We dropped him off and I went ahead. I got there a few minutes after 6, hardly anyone was there, it was cold out and they weren't anywhere close to being ready to have kids trick or treat. That combined with me still having social fears and "not knowing anyone" I put Reagan back in the van and we hung out at Wendy's for 45 minutes while Evan finished work.
Monday Evan ditched his classes to spend time with family. We went to Laura's house for a Halloween party she put on for the kiddo's. We had planned to take Reagan on post afterwards but he was sleepy so we went home. But we did get some candy at Laura's and had a good time there. I'm confident Evan will have a more enjoyable Halloween next year with Reagan. =) He was really wanting to finally cash in on the benefit of having a kid to take trick or treating. Poor guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment