I meant to record him opening it for the first time but I guess I failed to hit record. But this is once I realized my mistake.
We had Reagan's party at Aunt Laura's house on Saturday. Having it at our place is just not an option for the number of family members we have. All local family was there plus Evan's best friend Rich and my dear friend and Visiting Teacher Niki. I brought Apple Cider, Apples and Carmel dip, Homemade Parm Cheese & Garlic Breadsticks with Marinera Sauce. And the cupcakes and Cake. Other brought cheese, crackers and meat platter, veggies & Ham.
| The Best Birthday Cake I've ever made for Reagan! |
Once I got him cleaned up I showed a video of Reagan's first year, here it is in it's final entirety...
While the video was being shown I had passed out paper so that while they watched they could write down a favorite moment they had with him this year, why they love him or a hope or wish they have for him. I think the sweetest came from Levi: I hope you can read it. It says,
"I love reagan becuse he is so cute and fun to play whith me. And he likes to spend time whith me and I like to spend time whith him. I make him laugh and giggel. I love you reagan. Happy Birthday regan Love Levi"Aftwards we played 2 games. Bottle Bowling which was a big hit with the kids. We took Evan's soft ball and tossed it at 10 of Reagan's bottles to knock them down.
The 2nd game was a relay for the adults. There were a pile of toys at one end and while on their knees 2 teams had to pick up the toy with their elbows and run it down to a basket at the other end, well, just watch. I was having a hard time on the first video because Reagan was getting upset by all the noise. Sadly he is so much like his Mama. I'm not a big fan of lots of noise or big crowds. I hope he out grows it.
Next was time for presents! I LOVE how excited kids are for cake, song and presents!! Reagan could have cared less about the presents by this point his was pretty tired again. I was a little sad. I know people think no one really means no presents. But I actually did. We simply don't have the room. I even told the reason for no gifts so people would know I was serious. However, Reagan is really enjoying his toys. Evan told me people can't help buying gifts for birthday's. I guess I see his point. I just feel like I'm being eatten alive by my house, it is so over stuffed and crowded. It's a feeling that stresses me out. I'm way too much a practical person and no fun. I just think his gifts should be contributions to his Mission Fund. Thank Goodness he has a fun Dad and Fun Family that will save him from a life of "Practical Gifts"
Since Grandpa was holding him when it was time for presents he got to help him open his toys. Reagan really did get great gifts.
| We had to get rid of the balloon, it was all Reagan wanted to play with |
Reagan was pretty tired again after all his partying, so we had to leave and go home while most everyone else was still there.
yay, i'm back in, lol! for the record, i listened and didn't get reagan a thing. ;) mom added the kid's names to her bag. :) i knew you were serious. and it's true what evan says, people really feel the need to give gifts. be very specific and you may get what you want sometimes, lol. reagan will be thankful for the fun, non practical things, like you say. :)
ReplyDeleteI noticed that, THANK YOU!!! I was thankful 2 people listened!! Niki didn't get him a present either. At least your Dad got him something practical, clothes!! =) and Jonah got him disposable placemats that is right up my alley. I will use that when we go out to eat. I put a bunch of his toys in a box to make room for the new ones. But once again, just another box crammed somewhere and making my house look like I'm a hoarder!!!!!!
ReplyDelete