Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Life

Great update, I went to Bunco last night and didn't have any sick feeling in my stomach afterwards!

However, that could be due to the fact that my heart was already heavy from some bad news I got while at Bunco.  I had just made a "new friend".  Her name is Kirstin, she is I think 18, by looking at her FB page it seems like she got pregnant, got married in May, had a baby girl 6 months ago, her husband joined the military and they moved here to TN in Jan.  She had been going to the wrong ward, and just realized, she got onto my wards RS FB page to say hi and introduce her self.  I loved that, I saw that she only had 1 kid and seemed young so I friend'd her.  She also reached out that she needed someone to watch her baby for a week while she went to help a friend in GA.  I volunteered, she accepted, but I thought it may be a good idea for us to meet! =)  So I invited her over on Friday, as well as another gal in my ward that I didn't know well, but wanted to.  I thought we would all have a good time getting to know each other and hopefully build a friendship.

We had a good time, she called me when she got lost finding the church building for the first time, and she even volunteered to help be a sub for us at Bunco.  I had wanted to have them over for dinner on Sunday and brought it up to Evan, but he didn't think we had anything in the house to make for them.  And since Evan does the cooking, I didn't invite them.

Last night, Kirstin was late getting to Bunco so I called her, she let me know she was back home in CO because her husband had killed himself Sunday night.  What do you say when you are surrounded by a bunch of happy females?  I was also shocked.  I was able to put it all aside and have a great night at Bunco, but on the way home it hit me again.  When I got home I was just so sad, I'm still sad.  How quickly life changes.  I feel for this poor girl that has done a lot of living in the last year.  I'm thankful she is with her parents and has their support.  I wish I could have known her better.  I also wish I would have invited them over for dinner.  REALLY wish I had invited them over for dinner.  I wonder if that would have helped at all, or just prolonged it?

I pray for her, and for his family.

1 comment:

  1. so sad. i hate that feeling of regret even though you know it was out of your hands. ((((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete