Saturday, March 28, 2009

Final fitting and a booming buisness

Last night I went for my final dress fitting. It was a lot tighter then the first time I tried it on. But thankfully as I was walking around looking at shoes and veils I started breathing better. I'm a little unhappy cause on each side of my hips the material is puckering. I mentioned it when I was getting pinned for the alterations and the lady said it would most likely go away once she steamed it. Well it didn't. A new lady gave me my final dress and when I showed her the puckering again she said it was just because the material was so delicate. Either way neither one of them did anything about it. *sigh* I guess I can live with it, cause I don't have the money to get it altered again even if they wanted to.

I decided to just wear my ballroom dance shoes instead of buying new shoes. I figured if the dress wasn't going to allow me to breathe, I would at least be comfortable in the shoe department. My dance shoes are like an old friend on my feet, I could wear those 3 inch heels forever...but I will probably wear my 1 inch heels cause I like the height difference between Evan and I.

While picking out veils my friend Lessa and I found the perfect one. Unfortunately she didn't know my rule about looking at the price tag before you try anything on. I have learned from sad experience never try something on and get attached to it until you look at the price and fall in love with that first. The veil that looked so great on me, perfect length, material, and style that we both agreed matched my dress perfectly was a few dollars less then my whole dress cost!!!!
We found one that was MUCH cheaper, but of course you get what you pay for. =( I don't really like it but it turned out being the cheapest they had. In my opinion it looks cheap too. But I NEEDED a veil. There is no other time in my life I will ever get to wear one. When I showed Evan the veil he looked at the price and chocked...good thing I didn't get the other veil, he might have passed out.

Speaking of money, I have unfortunately not been working anywhere near the hours I'm supposed to. ( 5 hours one weeks, 10 hours the next) I'm REALLY FREAKING OUT!!!! I'm not even able to pay my bills anymore. (so with that said, I wrote a check at the bridal shop) =) I'm crossing my fingers I get more hours soon or find another job to cover me. Amazon has been turning out to be quite a big help. I have spent these days of not working selling Evans CD's online. Thankfully, they have been selling like hot cakes. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous about not having money so even this little bit of money I'm making on Amazon will help. In total sales we have made a whole $146 (and rising) since we first started 2 weeks ago!! I'm working so hard to get everything posted, the more there is to sell the more people will buy. I'm looking at everything around the house now in dollar signs, figuring out what I can sell to make money.

With all that said, if ANYONE reading this has things around their house they don't want anymore I would love to take them for you. Donate to the Jennifer's Amazon Fund! =)

We had a huge selling spurt last night, here is a picture of Evan (...and I, but I couldn't be in the picture if I was taking it can I?) working our assembly line to get all our orders out.

1 comment:

  1. glad you guys are finding ways to make a little extra money for supplementing! thanks for the cd's! i'm listening here and there when i can ride in the car alone, lol! another thought for your business. check the for sale racks on clothing or other items...kids stuff is usually a big hit. when you find things marked at 75% off or whatever, buy them cheap, then list them for sale. maybe just dabble in it a little at first and then build up if it seems to be good profit. good luck! oh, and about that dress puckering...you might need to be a bit more demanding about that...if it doesn't fit right b/c of THEIR altering, they need to fix it for free!

    ReplyDelete