What a surprise when I pulled up at his apt and saw Evan's truck parked there!!! Especially since he finally called me back and lead me to believe he was still working. I guess the surprise was on me!! He got off early because of the snow storm in Tacoma which was the next place they needed to go that day.
Just like the last time we both got off early we wanted to make the most of our time. Evan wanted to go look at furniture just for fun. So off we went. It was snowing REALLY hard when we left, but thankfully wasn't sticking to the roads. First stop was Pier 1 imports; beautiful furniture but WAY out of our price range. We both didn't know of any other furniture stores in Issaquah so off we went to Bellevue. Of course the mall made sense to me. I remember they have a Macy's home store. As we were going down the escalator into the home store a big light bulb goes off in my head...REGISTER!!!!!!! I practically flip as this idea comes to me and beg Evan to let us register. He didn't even know registering existed until we watched the movie Bride Wars. He was a sport and agreed to the torture. As it would turn out Evan got more into registering then I did. I told Evan I would let him hold the gun and shoot while I held the clip board. Here I was trying to be so good and discuss each thing before we would scan it and Evan would be scanning everything in sight whenever I turned my back. =)
I would be looking at pans, and from behind me I hear, Beep, Beep! To which I respond by quickly rushing over and saying "What did you just scan!" To which Evan would reply..."An oven mit!"...or, "rubber ice cube trays!" *sigh* I would not have scanned some of the things Evan did but if he feels we need them then okay. I really had such a good time watching Evan scan things. So much for thinking he wouldn't enjoy this outing. I sort of lost steam half way through and a little put off by not seeing what I wanted. Macy's didn't really have many things that were my style. The things I was really looking for were entertainment platters and bowl sets. I love to have people over and parties but Macy's just didn't have what I was looking for. As we were looking around at Macy's I remembered that I could register on Pampered Chef and I remembered them having great entertainment ware. So of course that will come later.
We then walked over to Crate and Barrel, looked at more furniture and their kitchen and home items. Now here was the place we should have registered!! Oh well, no biggie. =) For part of our FHE tonight Evan and I had planned to go to The Melting Pot. We have only been there once before. I loved it then, and still love it now. Aside from a gross lady next to us snorting up her phlem it was a perfect moment.On the way back to Evan's house we picked up some tereyaki for dinner. Then back home for FHE. Evan has such a great collection of church movies, we watched the Emma Smith story Sunday and The Best 2 Years of My Life yesterday. I really like it. After the movie we registered on Pampered Chef. Unfortunately I still really didn't find what I was looking for...but I did find a few things for serving I was looking for. Evan found a few things as well! =)
do you guys have a target store? that is the best place to register for weddings and i'll bet they have the serving dishes you're talking about! you can also register online...that way people can send gift cards as well. just a thought. :)
ReplyDelete