Friday, May 21, 2010

Letter to my baby

Dear Baby

If you someday read all the thoughts that I journaled while I was pregnant with you please know, I’m happy for you to be a part of our family. I know God provided you with plenty of council before he sent you to us. You will help your Father and I grow so much, learn more about ourselves and each other. We will love you with everything we have. I really am excited to be able to carry you, and experience this unique gift of creating a new life!

I want you to know, despite my feelings, you are very much wanted, we prayed for you to be sent to us. My biggest fear is that I will fail you, or our Father in Heaven in raising you. Just know, despite the many mistake your Father and I will make we really are doing our best.

I know you will be a good baby, because you already are. I feel in my heart God knows what we need. I have a feeling we need you in our family more then you need us.

Your Father especially has been wanting you and is very excited to see you. He is already taking such good care of you. He is making sure I take all my prenatal vitamins for you, he is helping around the house, rubbing my legs and feet, going to work, and working very hard to make sure you will have a secure future and home to come into. There is nothing your Father wouldn't do to make sure you and I are safe and taken care of. You can rely on him to be the rock when I’m less than my best.

When I pray for peace about my insecurities about being a good Mom to you , thinking about your Father and his support is what calms my heart. It is then I’m most excited for you to be with us! I can’t wait to see our family together, to finally share you after having 9 months with you all to myself.

I hope you like dancing, and baseball because that is very important in this family. If you want to be a dancer more then play baseball that is fine with me! (Just humor your Dad and play catch with him a few times)

We have many plans for how we want to raise you and run our family. Everything we are planning is based on our past experiences or advice we have heard to help us all be the best people we can be and ensure we all return with honor to our Father in Heaven.

You will be the oldest child! In that regard I hope you take after your Uncle Adam, he was a great oldest sibling. Council with him, he can give you wonderful advice in many areas. I hope you will feel comfortable talking with us about anything you are concerned with. I hope we build a safe environment that you feel comfortable sharing with us your troubles and concerns, no matter how awkward.

We love you even though we have not even seen you. We want you, and look forward to our adventures together. It's a good family you are being born into, we think we are pretty funny!

1 comment: