"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Week 13 update
Nothing new to report as far as baby goes. The usual gagging, however that has since let up. I know technically since this is week 14 for me, I should wait to report the goings on of this week until later but I can't wait.
I went and met with my mid-wife today for the first time for my initial consultation and at the end of it she offered to let me hear the baby's heart beat. I tried to call Evan, to see if he would mind me hearing it for the first time without him but he didn't answer his phone so I went ahead and did it. But they did record it so Evan can hear it later.
It took them a long time to find the heart beat. I admit I was nervous. She did start off by saying we might not be able to hear it, but with how great I have been feeling for the most part I really needed to hear a heart beat to feel like I'm sane and really pregnant. I was so happy when she found it!! She said it was 140, which was normal, and the baby's heart sounded healthy and strong!
It has really made it a reality for me. Now I KNOW there is a baby inside me. It makes me rethink now what I'm doing and how I'm eating. I feel different, like it is all real now.
Also, we finally moved into our new town home, and I got the temp job at the TN Bureau of Investigation. I like it. I'm really glad things are falling into place now. I'm feeling better and happier.
I'm still trying to write about our sealing, but it is a longer story and taking sometime.
Our Internet and cable doesn't get hooked up until the 20th, so it will be awhile before I can start posting photos again.
The baby is the size of a lemon this week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yay! i'm SO thrilled you heard the baby's heartbeat and things are falling into place!!
ReplyDelete