It has been humoring me during week 16 to notice peoples different opinions on the growth of my tummy. Some people will comment that I'm beginning to show, or "carrying high" others when they find out are amazed and say they can't tell at all. The ones that comment on where I'm carrying really make me laugh, to be told I'm carrying high was really funny, cause isn't it all low right now? =) I mean my goodness, to me I just seem bloated. I definitely think what I'm wearing plays a HUGE part in what people are seeing, or think they see.
I have started noticing a dramatic difference in the sharp growing pains I've been feeling. Nothing abnormal, but man there are some sharp pains sometimes! Laura, I can't imagine how you must have felt having 2 babies stretch you out even faster!!! DANG!
I was asked at my last appointment if I was feeling the baby move yet. I have also been reading that around this time is when I should start to notice. I still have a few weeks before I heard it is most common for first timers. But as I told my Midwife, even if I did feel it I doubt I would know for sure. My tummy always pops, rumbles, moves and 'kicks' me, so until it becomes VERY clear I won't make any huge announcements about feeling the baby kick. Although I will say there have been times when I have been very curious and suspicious of a certain movement going on, but to keep me from mistaking a baby movement for an upcoming bowel movement I just tell my self it wasn't. =) heehee. (sorry if that was too gross, I thought it was funny!)
My tiredness should be decreasing but I don't feel like it is, in fact I feel more tired. I'm trying to keep my feet elevated and doing feet circles as often as I can to hopefully cut down on my chance for getting varicose veins. If I can't get in a good work out, I at least try and do my stretches here at work in my office. On that note, I read that starting now to talk to your baby is a good idea, a gal that I work with (just her and I in this office space) talks SOOOO much, that at this point it's just white noise to me, I joke with Evan that when the baby comes he will think Erica is his mom and not me, cause her voice is all he heard 40 hours a week! =)
I got a blood test done last week to test and make sure the baby doesn't have any birth defects. I should hear back very soon, I was told it would only take a couple days. The Midwife said I should be fine since I'm not at risk. But it is something I just want to know for my peace of mind. I got the results...and they were all negative for down syndrome, spina bifida, and trisomy 18. I have no idea what that is, but I assume it isn't good, so I'm glad my baby doesn't have it! The ultrasound will be even more comforting, that comes around week 20, we are almost there! Can't wait to see the little guy!! awww, the thought is so exciting!!!
I also just had it confirmed that my weeks start on Friday, not Monday as I had originally thought. So I'll be 18 weeks on Friday, which means I need to get my pictures taken sooner! =)
This week the baby is the size of the palm of my hand or 5 inches, and weighs about as much as a turnip

lol! the good thing is that they were my first so i didn't know any difference from the pains of one or two at that point. :) my last pregnancy i felt tired all the time for the whole pregnancy so i think it's just diff for everyone every time. hopefully you'll get more energy soon! i always thought it was funny when people would say that about the way you carry too...as if you can really tell until near the end! i didn't feel movement with the first 2 pregnancies until about 19 weeks....it felt like popcorn popping in my tummy at first. :)
ReplyDeletethat's great news! trisomy 18 is not good, whatever it is. there was lady in our ward that her 3rd daughter had it and died w/in a few months. :( very sad. apparently it is a very short life span and she looked 1/2 the size she should have been. actually, the lady is still in our ward just hasn't been back since the death. :(
ReplyDelete