When I get home Evan tells me to get my shoes back on cause we are leaving to eat. Where does he take me? OUTBACK!!! My favorite!! I had recently told Evan we needed to save up so we could treat ourselves to Outback since we have not been there since maybe before we left WA. And as luck would have it we got a coupon in the mail for $15 off at Outback. It was SOOOO delicious!!
We then went to Walmart for groceries and Evan decided now was the time to start stocking up on diapers since we had the money available to do so at this time. Evan says the funniest things, most of them I would love to blog just to keep a record of the witty comments so I don't forget them, but they aren't always appropriate for posting. =) But this particular one I can post.
As Evan was looking at all the different types of diapers trying to figure out which kind to get he finds the newborn area and then in total seriousness says, "This one says Jumbo is that for fat babies?" HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! He totally cracks me up all the time with comments like this!
After Walmart we went to PetSmart to buy another fish and 2 frogs, then to Cold Stone on my request. I had been planning on surprising Evan with Cold Stone to reward him for not getting Cold Stone for himself last week when he really wanted it.
Once we got home Evan made me stay in the car while he took the groceries in the house and unloaded them. Then we sat down and said a prayer to start our FHE, this is when the real fun began. Evan pulled a piece of paper out his pocket and handed it to me. It was a clue for a scavenger hunt. The note said, "This is where a guest might lighten their load" At first I thought maybe taking their shoes off at the door, but then I realized it meant the downstairs bathroom. =)
From here on, every clue had a reason why Evan loved me. The clue in the Guest bathroom said, "I love you because you make me feel whole. Clue: This is where a dozen chicks will never meet their full potential" heehee, after I found the next clue in the cartoon of eggs in the fridge that clue said, "I love you because you always give me a reason to do better. Clue: This is where the new age of home video viewing started." Sticking out of the DVD/VCR player was the next clue...
"I love you for putting me first, Clue: This is where water circles don't make it onto the coffee table." Under the coasters I found this, "I love you because you do your best for me, Clue: This is where the breeze will cool our progeny." After Evan told me what Progeny meant I finally went up stairs to what will be the baby's room and found the next clue on the window, "I love you more than sports, Clue: This is where our wardrobes are refreshed." After going back downstairs I found this clue in the washing machine, "I love you because you are the sexiest woman ever, Clue: This is where fond memories were made in the barracks." No dirty thoughts people!!! When Evan lived in the Barracks the best moments we had were snuggling together on his black recliner. I talk about the recliner a lot with fond memories because I loved how we would squeeze together (even though there was a couch right next to us) and I'd get to sit on Evan's lap while we watched movies and I usually fell asleep and drooled all over his shoulder. =)
The next clue after we popped up the foot rest on the recliner was, "I love you because you're making me a Father, Clue: This is where our underarms (and everyone around us) is glad we visit every day." Upstairs again to our bathroom cabinet to find this clue, "I love you because you think I'm funny, Clue: This is where I made it possible to mark off an item on my list." On Evan's To Do List was to clean out his closet which had gotten pretty scary lately. So in his closet I found, I love you because you're funny, Clue: This is where my batteries recharge." All I could think of was bed, so under Evan's pillow was the last clue, "I love you because my best dreams include you, Clue: This is where coal burns and Coal burns up." Which is our back patio. I get out to the patio lift up the grill and find a box of Nair Wax Hair removal! =) Weird it may seem. But I have been asking Evan if he would let me wax his back. He was totally against it, but I guess this means he'll finally let me!!! woohoo!!!
On a sad note, before I opened up the grill I noticed how clean the patio was and that Coal our puppy wasn't there. Also on Evan's list was to find Coal a home. As a last resort as my labor day got closer we would maybe put him in a shelter but I didn't want him to go there yet. I really wanted him to go to a home with kids that I knew was a good home. The controller in me wanted to know and have control over who got him because he really is the best dog ever. I love Coal. But with his growing size and the growing size of our family, and the ever shrinking home we live in I didn't think this was the best place for Coal. Plus there was resentment tied to him because I did not want him at first. But I'm still pretty sad because I didn't get to say good-bye.
I totally appreciate Evan wanting to please me and taking care of what I asked him to do. I'm just sad he went to a shelter and there was no good-bye from me. I hope beyond hope that he will be watched over and blessed with a good home with little kids because he loves kids so much. I hope he will be loved and taken good care of. =(
It was a great date night/FHE Here are a few preggo pics I just took since I'm getting so big now. I'm totally fascinated by the growth....
I know the shorts aren't too modest, but fresh out of the shower and waiting for Evan to get home I got a little comfortable.



.jpg)

i love it! high fives for evan for the scavenger hunt AND taking care of the dog situation. good job, brother!!
ReplyDeleteOH, and FYI from an experienced mom (haha) don't buy diapers unless you find a super deal and have coupons!! always look at the target clearance and the sale ads...and store brand are good too. :)
Awesome hunt. What a neat idea. I may have to do that for the kids one of these days to let them know how much I do love them. Christina could probably use this to feel more loved and important.
ReplyDeleteOh Gosh Laura, I forgot about you telling me that. Evan was so excited to buy something for the baby, and I was happy it was something practical. =) But that is awesome advice I'm going to try harder to remember!
ReplyDelete