I love my baby boy. HOWEVER, he has just started pinching my boob while he is nursing. But only when he is nursing on the left side. It seriously hurts big time!! He has those little fingers and his nails grow so fast. I used to like nursing him on my left side the most because I could eat, or cut out things for my primary class and generally do things with my free right hand. But now my right hand is busy running interference.
It also stinks when I side lay with him in the morning. I used to be able to get him set up then fall back asleep. The biggest selling point for side laying nursing. But now I have to keep his left hand busy.
He doesn't know what he is doing and I know this. It started off as something cute. He was more just rubbing my boob like kittens do to their mama's. But all of a sudden it turned into pinching!! I screamed so loud the first time it happened. He is sneaky and strong. I need to be very aware and give my 100% attention to his one hand the whole time he is eating or else he will work his hand in somehow to get a nasty pinch in! OMG it hurts!
Just yesterday he had a hold of my finger but his thumb and forefinger were free and wouldn't you know it they were opening and closing toward my boob like he was going to pinch me. It made me laugh because it was almost like he was saying, "I can still get you mama!! heeheehee" =)
I JUST finally decided to put one of those baby mittens over his left hand while he eats. It worked but it was funny because he usually closes his eyes and relaxes while he eats but he noticed something was different and was turning his head and looking at me trying to figure out what was different.
HA Ha!! Your Mama is smarter than you!! No more pinching pain...I hope!!
This made me laugh out loud. Both my boys have been boobie pinchers! Ouch!!!! Lucas used to like to pinch the nipple he wasn't nursing on...ya I had to put an end to that real quick, and Benjamin liked to dig in my belly button. It's funny, but even now when I rock him to sleep, he pulls my shirt up to find my belly button. I love all the little baby things that they do for comfort...it's so sweet. And I can't believe I never thought of using a mitten! Good one!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Yeah, Devin gets me too, although he scratches more than pinches, and he grabs my other nipple if possible. (So I cover it with my arm when we side lie with me topless.)
ReplyDeleteMiss you!!