Friday, February 25, 2011

Sink or Swim

No, of course we didn't throw Reagan into the pool and say, Sink or Swim.  Just a nice title for Reagan's first pool experience.  He did very well.  He was VERY apprehensive and liked to be as close as possible to his Papa or Mama, if we held him out he screamed.


 We joined the YMCA and are really enjoying it.  On Saturday we thought we would try the pool with Reagan.  We took him again yesterday and he did so much better.  We could hold him out and he did great.  I still won't let his head get anywhere close to the water.

They have baby swim classes starting at 6mths.  I will totally be signing up for those classes when he is old enough.  I want Reagan to be very comfortable and confident in water...not like his Mommy.  I just don't trust water.

3 comments:

  1. yay, what a big boy rolling and now swimming! :) FYI, those mommy baby swim classes are a waste of money. all it is is a dedicated time to make sure you get in the water....you can do that on your own for FREE. :) just in case you wanted to know....they do nothing of use in there and you'd probaboy be ticked you spent the $$ on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you for telling me! I was hoping they would have fun baby activities for them to do. But now that I know, I won't bother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did it twice and was SO disappointed! then again, that was at my gym so you may want to ask.

    ReplyDelete