Since Reagan has been born so many of the posts now are about him. This whole time a growing appreciation and love has been forming for my first, main love Evan.
He bore his testimony in Church today. Nothing special for some people, however, this was the first testimony Evan has ever bore in church (keeping aside the ones he includes at the end of talks he was asked to give)
I'm so proud of my Husband. He did it to be an example to his Son. Apparently, according to Evan I said I would bear my testimony if he did. I really don't remember this, but I may have said that in a moment of thinking Evan would never bear his testimony. So I guess I'm up next month!! yikes! If Evan can do it, I can do it.
From the moment we were married it seems Evan changed for the better and stepped up to his role as Husband wonderfully. Then, upon becoming a Papa he changed again, even better. The little things, and some bigger things that bothered me before Reagan was born have seemed to disappear dramatically. For example:
Evan doesn't seem to procrastinate anymore. He is all over everything. He is just on top of everything that needs to be done. Things around the house, school, etc. He is also the driving force in our family scripture reading and prayer and other areas that allow him the opportunity to magnify his Priesthood responsibility.
I believe becoming a Papa has brought out the very best in my Husband. I feel he was already the best but now I have the VERY best. I see him trying so hard to further his education and provide for his family. He has made it possible for me to stay at home to care for Reagan. I have noticed lately how many women around me work outside of the home. Some need to, and some want to. I'm so thankful Heavenly Father has blessed me with the strength and love to not want to leave the home and work, and for Evan to do everything it takes to make sure I can stay home. He is so amazing, his spending habits and our conversations about money have dramatically improved.
I love that I can say I trust my Husband completely. I know I can rely on him. I'm so thankful for his ability to make up and fill in the areas I'm lacking. We are a very good team. Despite both of our flaws we are perfect for each other. I'm thankful we are thankful for each other and both feel we need the other and they need us. I can't imagine my life without Evan. I don't want to. I will gladly take the challenges we have, as long as I can go through them with my dearest love.
No comments:
Post a Comment