I had a great opportunity to sub in the Beehive class today! Yes, I teach the 5-6yo, but I won't be in that class much the 3rd hr anyway because one of the kiddos doesn't like babies and can be known to bite them. So I will most likely be walking the halls 3rd hour most Sunday's, if not home already putting Reagan to bed.
Reagan is a BEAST by 11am if he isn't asleep. I would have most likely been home by the 3rd hour on Sunday if not for being asked to teach the Beehives. Due to poor planning by a certain flaky someone that didn't find a sub for her class and another person being sick I ended up teaching the Mia Maids too! woo hoo!! I really loved it! What a tender, impressionable age. I'm thankful that is not my calling, by this age these girls really listen and are waiting like dry sponges to soak up some deep wisdom from you. I think I prefer my 5-6yo class, where most of them aren't listening. =)
I think I did an acceptable job for only having an hour to prepare, I had to read that lesson and still put the finishing touches on the handouts for my own class.
Now to my favorite part, I love what the YW do every Sunday. They have these missionary tags on Popsicle sticks that have the names of every YM in the ward and in their opening prayer in YW's and the closing prayer in their classes they pull out 2-3 names and pray for these YM by name that they will go on missions! It makes me tear up. I loved hearing their prayers. I can only imagine and hope what that must mean to the Young Men, to know that the YW are praying for them!
I also had a teary moment with Reagan, while we were standing in the back of the room during the opening exercises in YW a framed picture of Jesus Christ was on the floor where Reagan could see it. Well, I can only say you had to be there, and perhaps be Reagan's mom to really enjoy and feel the spirit that came from watching Reagan's reaction to seeing the picture of Jesus. He would stand back and look at it, and point to it while smiling. I talked to him about it and said, "Jesus, that's Jesus. Is he your Brother? Do you remember him?"
I believe Heaven and the vail is still thin and closer to the heart for babies. That is my feeling on the subject. So I believe that Reagan did know that picture and it did mean something to him. I can only imagine what it would be like to see that picture of Christ, and still have the innocent heart to possibly remember the feelings or certain memories of Home. It is my goal to bring the Spirit into my home to make it possible for my Son to have the spirit dwell closer to him. This is how I choose to feel about this and act. Think what you will, but it makes me happy to think this way, and if it helps keep my actions more upstanding then I don't see the harm.
Another thought I have been processing awhile is creative money making ideas. I'm trying to think of additional creative ways to promote my Shelf Reliance business. Gotta say, I'm sorta stuck for ideas. But if I can think of some new ideas in this area, this would be the surest way to get a solid monthly income. I've been thinking about starting an additional blog, I have few ideas about what it could be about. However, my typing skills, spelling, grammar, and punctuation really hold me back from pursuing that idea. However, that idea did get me thinking about brushing up on my knowledge of proper punctuation and grammar. Nothing wrong with solving the problem to make an idea come to fruition.
The other ideas I have for increasing my income aren't big ticket winners. It will be slow going and not stable. But I'm okay with that, since I enjoy what I do. The thought also occurred to me that I'm only able to branch out and look into these ideas because Reagan is getting older and I'm able to have a tad bit more flexibility, and as he continues to grow I can already see where my opportunities will also grow to make money. So many thoughts. I pray for clarity and guidance.
No comments:
Post a Comment