Hey everyone, this is Evan again. I know you're tired of my endless posting, but I had to take a moment to gloat a little about my wife. This will be about Reagan a little too, but only in giving context to how great Jennifer is. I've been meaning to make this post for a while now, but I'm not fond of our home computer( it's slower than dial-up sometimes) and I also wanted to do this when Jennifer isn't around, which is tough because she's always around when I'm home. So since it's a slow night at work I've decided to abuse a little company time and finally sing Jennifer's praises.
As anyone that follows our blog has seen, Reagan has been developing more skills and in my humble opinion, is somewhat advanced for his age in certain areas. I have always believed, based on personal and professional observations, that Reagan is naturally gifted and intelligent. However, a lot of his developed abilities are due to Jennifer working with him. I know, I know, all children are aided in their growth by their caretakers, so what's the big deal with our situation? Well, probably not that much honestly, but this is the first time I've raised a child of my own, and not really knowing what to expect from Jennifer or myself in this journey, I have to say I'm continually amazed at how wonderful a mother she is. For all of you that know Jennifer well, you'll have to admit that she isn't the most patient person, nor does she always handle adverse situations in the most distinguished manner. Having said that, Jennifer has handled motherhood, along with all of the many adverse and patience trying situations inherent in that role, with much grace and dignity. I would even go so far as to say that she excels at motherhood. We don't always agree on how strict or lax we ought to be in various situations regarding Reagan's upbringing, but I have to grudgingly admit that he seems to be a very healthy, well-adjusted child because of the choices that Jennifer makes in his rearing. Every time Reagan learns something new, or has a new skill to show off to me, I feel not only the pride of a father, but also the need to thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with Jennifer as my eternal companion. I know it is because of her devotion to our son that he is so happy and wonderful.
I used to like to think that I would be perfectly capable of raising a child on my own, and if circumstances dictated that it were necessary I'm still certain I could do an adequate job. I am now fully aware, however, that adequate isn't good enough for my child. I've been lucky enough to witness superior child rearing by multiple women now, my mother and sister among them, and I'm more than thrilled to put Jennifer on the top of the heap. I love and enjoy my family so much and I'm so proud to be able to share them with all of you.
aww, so sweet! i couldn't agree more! very nice post, evan. :)
ReplyDeleteaww, that totally made me cry. I have to say I hadn't logged on here all day and when I got the email saying there was a comment from Laura I was confused, I thought, "Did I comment on Laura's last post, was that the name of her post?...hmmm..."
ReplyDeleteThen I read your comment and saw Evan's name at the end and it sort of clicked. Yup, I'm a quick one!