Tuesday, February 21, 2012

North Carolina

We raised Reagan up, and we squatted down to make sure we fit in the picture
 We left on Friday, arrived Fri. evening.  The trip went well, we left right in time for Reagan to take his nap in the car, when he woke up we pulled off to have a picnic, potty break, and let Reagan walk around to get his energy out.  It worked perfect.  We turned his car seat around so he could watch Over the Hedge as we drove the rest of the way.  We got into Pigeon Forge and stoped to get my favorite food, Thai food!  This is the only place that has Thai food like in WA, no where in Clarksville, OR Nashville comes close.  We turn Reagan back around rear facing to take his 2nd nap while we traveled the rest of the way to Evan's families home.  It was a perfect trip!


I tried to put the headphones on so he could hear the movie, but he just wanted to eat them.


The welcome was so warm and loving.  We ended up sleeping at Donita's because she had 2 bedrooms available, so Reagan could have his own room and Evan and I wouldn't have to sleep on the couch.  We still spent most of our time at Gladys' house.  On Saturday while we were still eating dinner Reagan was making himself at home in the kitchen...




Let me just say, if Rednecks ruled the world we would be in a good place!  I love the peaceful, simple life.  I just look around and see the common sense, hard work ethic, hospitality, and real people.  I love it!  It's so nice to wish and dream about how I wish the world was.  It makes me sad to see how it is becoming and I feel so helpless.  Dreaming helps me stay happy.  I felt like I was in another world in Bryson City, I didn't want to leave.

We also went to church with Evan's family, Evan was right, I had not been to a church like this.  It really creeped me out when at one point it seemed, all of a sudden, to me because I couldn't really understand what the preacher was saying with his thick southern accent, but a group of random people shot out of their seats walked up to the front and picked random spots all over to kneel and pray, every one of them was saying their own prayer out loud.  It was REALLY weird, actually kinda scary to me.  I didn't like it at all.  It went on for about 5 minutes.  The part I liked the best was how people say Amen when they agree with something.  I wish sometimes I could do that in church.  I say that to myself sometimes when people pray. =)  Evan's favorite part, and another one of my least favorite parts was the "Choir" singing.  OMGosh!!!  EGHH  I do not like that nasty, Cat Having His Neck Wrung type of singing!  No joke it put me in a super nasty mood the rest of the day.  No exaggerating.  I tried hard to get out of it but I really hate that singing and it really effected my mood.  I have tried to find singing similar to what I heard on youtube and I can't find it.  There is just nothing like it. 

What I find amazing is that Evan really liked it.  He has a CD of his family singing gospel hymns, apparently they are very popular and asked to sing all over.  hmm, there is really no need to go on with my opinion.  My point was just to share about my feelings of going to a Southern Baptist church.  I did that, no need to go on and make Evan more upset when he reads this. =)  Last thing I'll say, if you want to find out anything, tie me to a chair and play that music, I'll Talk!!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! i could not stop laughing reading this, LOL! i totally know what you're talking about with the praying.....it is very different but i think it's kinda cool to witness, lol. the singing....you are too funny....it's their accents! glad you had a wonderful trip and got to experience the southern baptist way! :)

    ReplyDelete