Friday, September 10, 2010

Week 32 update

Every week I'm more and more surprised by the closeness of my delivery date!!  Every time I type in the week number I'm hit with a new layer of reality.  Excitement and extreme fear.

It doesn't seem like I've been, "pregnant forever"...yet, like I have heard so many women say.  I'm VERY thankful this pregnancy has been so awesome and easy on me.  I can EASILY see how if I was sick through the whole pregnancy or even the first trimester this pregnancy would easily seem like it's going on forever.
It does seem like I've been pregnant for awhile but not in a bad way at all.  Thank goodness!! 

Yes, I'm more uncomfortable at times now.  I'm sitting in funny positions and fidgeting in such ways that I look like the people on the hemorrhoids commercials. (no I don't have hemorrhoids, just an example) =)  Due to either my sore uncomfortable back, or my need to breathe so I have to find a position that allows my body to sit and stretch out at the same time to allow air to my lungs.

Sleeping has been fun. =P  Basically I'd be fine if my hips didn't hurt and cause my lower back to hurt.  No more do I get to sleep in on Saturday's, my dumb body just won't let me.  I keep trying to figure out ways to pad and stuff blankets around me and under me to help support my hips and lower back.  Nothing really working yet...

Also in weekly news, Some complete Bonehead at work the other day asked me if I was having twins.  Seriously, I could have punched him in the throat.  What a dumb thing to ask.  It's right up there with a store clerk in Maui telling me I better try on a Large after I asked him for a Small.  =/ GRRRR
I don't care if I'm over 300lbs and I ask for an extra small, you give me the extra small and keep your mouth shut if you know what good for you.  Stupid people.

I responded to the idiot at work, "Um, no, I'm not even that big, and I'm having the baby soon thank you." Not in the nicest tone either.  I was not in the mood for that crap.  He was lucky I didn't hurt him.

OH!  And finally for the first time I felt the baby have hiccups yesterday!!  Yippee.  I wasn't sure if I had been missing it this whole time and clueless or if my baby just doesn't have hiccups.  I had just got home, eaten my DQ, (FYI, this baby is just like his Daddy, kid LOVES his sweets!) Then went to bed (yes, I went to be around 7pm)  I was going to turn on my hypnobabies CD but knew I had to read scriptures first because past experience has told me I will fall asleep during the hypno CD and be out for the rest of the night.  I'm so glad I remembered my scripture reading because I would have missed the hiccups or been under hypnosis and not able to fully enjoy it like I like too.  It was so sweet!!  =)  I loved it.  It lasted awhile too.  I eventually moved to my left side to see if moving around would help get rid of them or something.  Evan said I should have tried to scare him! hahaha!

Evan playing with dolls during the birthing class
This was also the last week of our Hypnobabies class.  Now it's up to me to keep up on the "homeplay".  Evan made me laugh during our last class.  They showed a few hypnobabies births.  This was the 2nd time we watched some in class.  This last time Evan could no longer play it cool.  He totally looked away and got all big eyed! hahaha, he makes me laugh so much.  The gal next to us commented and asked if it was a little too much for Evan. heehee.  I totally have to admit I was trying to not laugh myself.  During both times they showed the movies the sounds the ladies were making was a cross between sex noises and being seriously constipated.  It made me want to laugh, but thankfully I didn't.  I thought E and I must have been the most immature couple there since we were laughing with each other a lot over things that we thought were funny, but also totally stupid and immature.  But alas, we weren't alone.

During one class they were talking about ways to get the labor going and "nipple stimulation" was one of the options.  Of course E and I had our own jokes going between the 2 of us.  But one couple got the attention of the teacher with their antics and the wife totally ratted on her husband and said, "My husband just drew boobs on my paper!"  Thank goodness someone broke the silence.  Some things are just funny!!  I prefer to laugh and have a good time when I'm learning.  But it is weird when everyone around you is so serious.

Hmm, I think that's it for this week.  The baby is 17 inches and weighs about 4 lbs, think of a Pineapple.

1 comment:

  1. lol at evan's comment to scare him!! just like a silly boy! :)
    reality is a bit scary when going into something so new and different. you are going to be a great mama! your body is getting preppedfor being up at night so your sleep will be more and more disrupted....all part of the plan. :) so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete