Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Week 34 update





















Kiss sleep good-bye. This week has been horrible for getting any. Before I was pregnant I would wake up several times during the night and not be able to go back to sleep for 1-3 hrs. Since being pregnant my sleep has actually gotten so much better. Because I've been so tired. I would still wake up a few times during the night, just because, or for restroom visits, but I would thankfully fall right back to sleep with no problem at all. I loved it.

However, this week, the baby is waking me up with huge kicks, or just huge movement that hurts. Usually kicks to my lower left area. I don't know what is down there that causes me so much pain. But without fail, every time he kicks me in a certain spot it sends a shooting sharp pain. This lower left area has been a sore spot ever since I have felt him moving.

It's been so frustrating to be uncomfortable due to the weight of the baby on my lower back, and not being able to sleep due to that, but now add the baby no longer sleeping when I sleep and kicking the crap out of me. =( I was so tired Friday night and wanting to sleep I started crying. But since I was so tired it didn't last long...I was too tired to cry. =P but I was so super upset.

Yesterday I thought I would try an experiment, since rubbing my tummy seems to make him move more, I thought I would rub my tummy as much as I could and keep him awake so hopefully when I went to bed he would sleep better...or at least not be as active. Tummy rubbing combined with a prayer for a night of restful fulfilling sleep did the trick. I had a very wonderful night. But I'm still tired. =) Maybe I still have some catching up to do...

The baby had been head down for weeks now, on Tuesday with the Midwife, the baby was head down and good to go, by Wednesday morning with the Ultrasound tech, the baby had flipped and was breech. I think he has flipped again. But I'm not sure anymore. He is moving SO much I can't tell which end is up anymore. heehee

It's not so bad being pregnant, and I'm not soo uncomfortable. But I am missing being skinny and being able to bend over and just feel the energy like I used to. Being uncomfortable and hurting in different areas when I'm sitting is becoming more common, during those times, I'm very done being pregnant. I just want to be comfortable again...why do I have a feeling it's going to be a long time before I feel comfortable again and get to truly relax?

On a humorous note:

On Wednesday while the Ultrasound tech was looking at the baby for about an hour we got to talk about a lot of things, and he asked me, "so what did you do before you were married?" My response, "Date" I know it's not cool to think your funny. But I'm pretty proud of myself for thinking of that so quickly...I'm usually pretty slow to be witty like that.  Also, the Tech said the baby weighed 4lbs 13oz at that time!  pretty cool to know about 5 of the lbs on my body aren't mine!!! =)

This week the baby is 5 and 1/4lbs (pick up a Honeydew melon) and 18 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment