We did it, Evan and I made it 2 whole years!
Evan took the day off, and wouldn't you know it, they called and left a message for him to come in and help empty the Wendy's store due to the storms we have been having and fear of the river flooding the store again just like last year. Evan made a good call and pretended he never heard that message. I'm sure he knew if he left he would have had serious @#!*% to pay back at home.
Family first, then work. Evan did mention a bit how bad he felt not going in. I expressed that it upset me that they even dared call him to ask him to come in when they knew it was his anniversary. I was upset because Evan wants to be there whenever anyone needs him, so I felt it was unfair that they took his peace of mind. I knew the rest of the day he had stupid Wendy's in the back of his mind. Even when Evan's off, they don't allow him to be off. Wendy's really @#!*% me off, how they treat him. Evan is no lie the most favored employee. The owner of Wendy's really respects Evan and loves the results he gets from the other employees he moves him to the stores that need the most help, then once he gets it in shape, or another store comes up that needs more help he get moved there. Then, he has his year review and gets a MAJOR slap in the face with his "raise" they might as well just not given him one. I KNOW that if the owner knew how Evan was treated by Alice he would be just as @#!*% and make some major changes.
I went off a bit, but if felt good to get out my anger a bit. I hate to see good people get stepped on. That @#!*% me off more then anything!!
Oh yes, we were talking about our Anniversary.
Evan and I did a HUGE shopping trip to Krogers, (read about it in the Coupon post) then went home to unload our loot. I called Niki my VT to see if she was able to watch Reagan so E and I could go out to dinner. She and her whole family LOVE Reagan. So of course she wanted him. We brought him over then went to O'Charley's. We got potato skin appetizers, I got the steak and salmon, Evan got steak and ribs. I took my steak home Evan took his ribs home, he also got a side of chicken too (it was Happy Hour, half price apps.) and brought most of that home. Today we only have the ribs remaining...for now.
We got a free DVD rental with one of my previous coupon purchases so we redeemed that, then stopped by Cold Stone, I got mint ice cream with coconut, pecans, and brownie. E got, chocolate & cheesecake ice cream with brownie, marshmallow, and chocolate syrup. We picked up Reagan then headed home. After I put Reagan down we watched our movie. "How Do You Know" I thought it was pretty good. it was kind of odd, but good at the same time.
Evan gave me a wonderful foot rub and we started reflecting on our 2 years. Evan asked what has been my favorite moment. I said getting married in Hawaii, and just our regular day to day things we do that make up our memories and family. The daily funnies and moments build up to one great thing. When I asked Evan, he agreed with me about the daily moments and time. And he added having a baby with me too. I agree with Evan on that. Having Reagan did cross my mind to say as one of my favorite moments but I figured it was a given, and two, I was trying to keep it contained to just our marriage, the best moments between just the 2 of us.
I'm thankful for Evan. He is a very hard worker, and wonderful provider, a loving husband, and the best Papa. I truly am very thankful for him. I am blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment