Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Loving my Precious baby boy

I went to a meeting with Laura yesterday and left Reagan with Evan since I was going to be late and Reagan has been getting tired earlier lately.  I made sure Evan knew everything I do when I put Reagan down so that everything would be as normal and smooth as he is used to.  One of the most important things is that Reagan needs to be sang to.  And always the same song, Child's Prayer (only the first verse).  A couple times I have tired putting him down without singing, usually only if we have been out late and he is ready to go straight to bed.  But he doesn't seem to stay asleep as long.  I feel singing to him that song every night before bed helps him differentiate this sleep time as different then the other times and helps him sleep longer.  It could be just me.

Anyway, when I got home Evan was telling me how it all went and after he finished a little later he said,

"I know Reagan likes me but it's you he wants when he needs anything.  When he gets hungry or tired it was you he was looking around for.  Almost saying, "You're great Papa, but where's Mama?" 

I responded, "I think that is just how it's going to be, you are fun, but I'm the one he will come to for comfort."

I LOVE that my baby needs me so much.  I love that he already knows I'm someone he can rely on for comfort, to care for him, love him, and in general spoil him.  I'm so happy lately being a Mom.  I love feeling Reagan's love for me, I love that he cries when I put him down and stops when I pick him up.  Only a little bit does it bother me sometimes that I can't set him down when I'd like to.  But I understand that I have created the Snuggle Monster and I still love it! 

Evan can put Reagan to sleep but it takes longer, when I hold him, he snuggles into my arm and chest instantly.  I love to see his comfort and watch him relax in the middle of the night after he has been crying, I pick him up and he sighs and snuggles up to me.  I have never felt such a full heart of love.  I love being needed and loved like this.  Everyday is better and better and I love my little man more and more.

I'm very thankful Heavenly Father sent Reagan to out home to show me I can do it and do it well.  I never thought I would feel this way.  Loving my baby is natural and so fulfilling.  Joy is in my life everyday.  I LOVE this privilege I've been given to be a Mother to Reagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment