I was pleasantly surprised when I went to feed him, he instantly reached for the bottle and not only brought it to his mouth but held it...the whole time he ate. I ran to grab my camera and he was still holding it and eating when I got back. I guess it's totally normal, I was just surprised because he doesn't eat from bottles so neither him or I had any real recent experience for him to "warm up" with. My baby genius. =) heehee
I'm also starting baby sign with him. I'm signing "eat" while I prepare and before I give him his bottle, and use his hands to crudely mimic the signs. I also sign, "all done" when he is finished. And I'm trying to remember to use, "milk" before I nurse him. The sing for milk is squeezing your hand, like you would squeeze out a tube of toothpaste, (or milk a cow) which I find a perfect sign for Reagan since he loves to squeeze and pinch me while he is nursing, he will easily learn this sign. =)
I'm told babies don't generally sign until 6 months. But I'm starting now, to get me in that habit, and to get him to at least see me and establish visual habit for what is going on around him. It doesn't take any extra time, so there is no harm in starting early.
SO cute holding his bottle! that pic of the sub cracks me up bc it makes him look so tiny with the angle not showing his length, lol. great pic!!
ReplyDeleteI love baby signing! We never did it with the girls but we have been doing it with Chase and he caught on so fast! He does "eat", "more", "milk", "please", "thank you", "milk", "all done" (and this he actually says allllllll dun! lol), and "play"! Once he learned one sign he just took off with learning the others! Good luck with teaching Reagan, its adorable to watch them sign!
ReplyDelete