Yes, he is wearing mis-matched socks, since he was sick I put vicks vapor rub on his feet and put on the socks I had that didn't have matches.
He watches the Your Baby Can Read videos and he is really starting to interact more. When he sees the word, No, he will shake his head no, and he will clap when he sees the word clap. (he has actually been responding to those words for a few months) The newest words he is responding to are, Arms Up & Ear.
I was so proud that he performed on demand for his Grandpa & Grandma Waldroup yesterday, we went to pick him up after they watched him for us for a little bit and he perfectly demonstrated where his ear was, and he put his arms up when we asked.
Ignore the laundry pile, it was our big Chore Day, we got the laundry clean, folding is the next step, just after recording my baby being adorable!
Since Evan's school is over for the time being Evan has been home so much more, especially in the mornings. Reagan has gotten in a habit now of running from his room to our room, pushing the door open and running over to Papa's side of the bed to wake him up. It was pretty sad one day this week he was already at work. I tried to tell Reagan Papa wasn't there. He stopped to look at me, but he just had to go see for himself. It was so sad, yet precious.
He is so much more snuggly too, which has been great. However, he has started waking up after we put him down for the night. I have been going up and rocking him. I have NEVER had to do this before. But he has really taken to it. He sleeps very well on my shoulder. Of course I LOVE this time with him. I hate that I even put him down. But, I also don't want to baby him too much. I know what he is capable of, he doesn't need this affection and rountine to go to sleep. However, he has been sick so I don't mind at all babying him when he is sick. I mentioned him not taking his 2nd nap anymore, well that actually started when he started not feeling well. Happily, the past 2 days he has taken a 2nd nap! And subsequently, has also been feeling better. I would have thought he would sleep more when he didn't feel well, but that wasn't the case. It can be harder to go to sleep when you don't feel well, despite wanting to sleep. Even though he wasn't taking naps I was still taking him up to his crib and giving him "quite time" He loves it and really has a ball chilling and playing a little.
A Day In The Life of Reagan! (okay, a moment)
p.s. he was totally fine, didn't even care. =)
He is getting so close to saying Papa. He knows who we are when we talk about each other to him. If we tell him to give something to one of us he will do it. If I ask him to give me something he will. I love these new little signs that he is growing up. I didn't think I would love this stage as much as I do. To be honest, just about everyone has only shared bad moments about this time in a baby/toddler's life. I love my calling as Mama more now than I did when he was just a lump of infant. He is laughing all the time, getting into things I don't want him to but being so ridiculously cute about it ya gotta love it!Speaking of him getting into things, we had a rough patch but he is doing so much better at listening and obeying when we tell him no and ask him to get away from things he shouldn't touch. I adore his personality!! He is SO stubborn just like his Mama & Papa! Double Dose of Stubborn in his genes! =) He is patient like his Papa, and can have night and day emotions like his Mama. I love my baby, he is just getting so big, and learning so much. It makes me so much more careful of the things I say, and how much more I need to work on.
oh, be careful what you say! you are not quite there yet! ;) but enjoy every moment of that sweet baby boy!!
ReplyDelete