Tomorrow is my 31st Birthday. I have always loved celebrating my birthday. Taking that day off of work or missing school was always a great way to celebrate. I would try to take the whole week to celebrate. I would start counting down to my birthday the month before. I would love to have parties, however, since my birthday is so close to Christmas it has always been a struggle to get parties together, people have office parties, and Christmas parties to go to, not to mention other various Christmas activities to go and do. Some times it has really upset me that I can't seem to get a good party together for my birthday.
Now that I have had Reagan, these past 2 birthday's I have just about completly forgotten about my birthday. I don't care in the slightest about my birthday. I'm not one of those people that hate their birthday. I just don't think about it. It's not a big deal at all. I'm sort of sad I don't get excited anymore. But I feel sort of happy too, because I know where all the energy has gone that I would have spent on my birthday, it has gone to my Son. I'm so wrapped up in him everything else doesn't matter as much. Hopefully as he gets older I will put more focus on me and start to celebrate me more. But for now...
I would still love to celebrate, but I'm just not willing to put the energy into planning it anymore. It for sure has not been consuming my thoughts as it did before. These past 2 years I have almost totally forgotten about it until a few days before, and I think that is only because my Brother Ryan's birthday is on the 12th and it reminds me mine is coming up soon. Just this morning I thought maybe I had missed my birthday, but then I remembered it was tomorrow. I was still good. =) Plus I'm sure others will remember, and make sure I don't forget!
yes, i was surprised at how you didn't seem to care about your birthday this year! :) laura
ReplyDelete