I had a couple Jehovah's Witness's come by a couple days ago. It was a Grandmother and her Granddaughter, (possibly around 10yo) I loved seeing a child so young sharing a message she felt passionate about. She was good too! I really enjoyed listening to her. As I was listening to her a few thoughts came to my head. The first was the one I already shared. I really loved seeing a young child share a spiritual message and so eloquently. I wondered who could be rude and shut their door in this young girls face? I also wondered why we are so rude sometime when people come to our door wanting to share a Spiritual Message with us? (more on that later) It takes a lot of courage to do what they do. So many people are looking or need that reminder about God.
I wanted to be as nice as I can and not shut my door on these people. My idea is that I will be as nice to these people as I hope others will be to my Son when he is on his Mission sharing God's message. When it gets to the point to tell them I'm not interested in join their church or something like that I will do it respectfully. I got into a great conversation with the Grandmother I was pleased to hear a few similarities our religions shared. She asked if she could come back and I said yes. When I told this to Evan he was not happy.
We didn't set up an appointment or anything. This woman was very nice and I would not mind if we both got together to share our beliefs. Who knows how this will turn out. I actually doubt she will come back. But if she does I will welcome her, I will offer her to speak with our missionaries if our conversation gets deep. Anyway, my point is actually just about Brotherly Love. We turn others away so quickly out of fear. Fear of being converted, fear of being bothered or being put in an awkward position. I have no fear of being converted to a Jehovah's Witness because I love celebrating my Holiday's too much and hello, DANCING!! =) All things they don't do. =)
At the end of our conversation I wished them all the best and told them again how happy it made me to see one so young so happy to share a spiritual message and I wished them luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment