Pintrest is the new thing, it seems everyone is doing. I have heard how addicting it can be so I have totally avoided it. I just don't want to get sucked in, my life isn't missing anything by not finding out what it's all about.
However, a friend of mine has posted a few very fun pictures of activities she has set up for her son who is about Reagan's age. Every one of them came from pintrest. So, I bit the bullet and decided to take a look, it must not be all bad, some of these ideas seemed pretty fun. And, I love finding new things for Reagan and I to do, so this was right up my alley!
I can see how one could get addicted, or at least carried away looking at one thing, then on to another and so on. But I did pretty well staying on track. I wanted activities we could do with things I already had here at home, and not a lot of mess. (Controlled craziness is my thing)
My computer time is while Reagan is sleeping so his whole nap was spent finding ideas for the summer. I'm so excited, I can't wait, I want to do them all at once!
While Reagan was still sleeping I got started on a couple things, first, I made colored Ice, to be used later on a hot day, I put water in an ice cube tray and then put a drop of food coloring in each one, on a hot day who knows what I will do with them, either just let Reagan play with them outside, or drop them into his pool while he is playing in it one day, or, as they suggested, filling a few bowls with water and dropping them in so Reagan can watch them dissolve and pour and mix the colors.
I also made my favorite, so far, Homemade Sidewalk Chalk/ Paint. It starts off as paint like stuff, but when it dries it is just like chalk. I had no idea how this was all going to work, when I mixed it up. I thought it was supposed to be thick and paint like, it was totally watery, I thought I had messed up, but I figured it wasn't a big deal Reagan would have fun with it anyway. Well, once I saw how it dried and all worked out, I realized I did it just right. I LOVE this stuff!! Totally my favorite!! It's 1/4 cup water & 1/4 Corn starch! then just add your food coloring!
On a side note, Reagan totally didn't want to share with me. How weird, he never has an issue sharing unless he is tired, but he JUST woke up from his nap. Whatever the reason, he needed to share. I only gave him both of the brushes after he would say please, (baby sign), if I was done and wanted to share too And of course, he couldn't be in mid freak out. =) I don't reward my child for poor behavior. If he pitches a fit then he losses privileges. He will learn eventually. I refuse to have a brat for a child!
The next thing I made was homemade play dough, this one was different because they have you add cream of tartar and oil so that it doesn't dry out like the typical homemade play dough. This is so much softer and more pliable.
Reagan and I played with the play dough while we were on the phone with Papa so I didn't get pictures, but I'm sure we will have loads more fun with this later. What I love best about all these things is they are edible, well okay, not really, but if Reagan does ingest them it's okay. This really works for me because Reagan still loves putting everything in his mouth and wanting to eat everything, and I love letting him learn his lessons on his own, like with Play Dough, I told him not to eat it, that it was yucky, yet he still chooses to eat it, then learns it really is yucky and maybe next time he will listen to me...but he doesn't listen, and still tries to keep eating it. =)
Reagan is listening really well most of the time, but every now and then he gets his time outs for not listening. Luckily we were done with the painting outside, but he didn't listen when I told him to not run off, and didn't come back when I told him to, so he got a time out for not listening. Time outs wait for no boy, he was covered in paint chalk and messed up our futon, but hey, I'm not about to let him get off for not listening, lessons need to be taught and consistency is KEY, so on the futon he went mess and all, it came RIGHT off clean as a whistle! (The video above was not when he ran off without permission, this was a Mother approved adventure)
Many more fun adventures to come, I can't wait for the summer now!!
I made sidewalk chalk paint for the girls the other day too! They has alot of fun. Their favorite thing to do is paint rocks. I have seen a recipe for homemade water color paints that I am thinking about trying. Pintrest can really get you mind going on things you want to do. Fun times.
ReplyDeletelove the chalk and love his handsome short hair!
ReplyDelete