Evan got through all his tests and passed them 1st time, he is set to be picked up tonight by his trainer to start Phase II, Evan was finally able to wire me money. It cost $35 to do it, grrrrr another way this company is costing up money. Part of all this frustration has been that they gave Evan this stupid card that is supposed to earn him points for free showers, laundry etc when he uses it, apparently your first paycheck no matter what goes onto this card. Yeah, well EVERY paycheck has gone onto this card. What company takes 2 months to get your direct deposit set up?!! This one apparently. So Evan has had the added pressure of having to find an ATM (which charge you $ to make withdrawals) most have limits, forcing Evan at one point to not be able to take out all we needed, then Evan drives around w/ all this cash on him until his bone head trainer ALLOWS him to stop at a Bank of America to make a deposit. And you can't just pull up to a BOA in a Semi so Evan has to walk who knows how long to get to it, because his trainer is a Dick. Yes, I said it! It's true!
Because you get paid more and make better miles when you have a student you are training in your truck his trainer was taking advantage of him, Evan had finished his training 2-3 days before he was actually dropped off to take histest. His trainer took a route which took him the opposite direction of where Evan needed to go, he needed to go to Indiana, I think they were in St Louis and his trainer decided to take a route to TX again! Evan got it arranged to take his test in SLC and his trainer was dinking around and took 2 extra hours to get there, didn't stop at a bank for Evan, and after they had their drop off in SLC his trainer said he would take him to a bank and then just abandoned Evan. So yeah, I mean what I said (and that isn't even everything this guy did)
Another set back was, there are no BOA's in Utah. Evan walked all over SLC, he tried a Credit Union but they weren't connected to my Credit Union. So this forced Evan to have to pay $35 to have the money wired to me! This whole thing just sucks!
Evan's plan at this point, once he gets on the truck with this 2nd trainer is to put in a request for Home Time.
He has been looking since yesterday at Direct Routes, (routes where you are home more often) there isn't anything yet that pays well enough to be worth it. He will continue to look until he gets home, if he hasn't found anything by then he will just stay home. That is just fine with me! I'm getting VERY excited to see Evan, the more excited I get the more I feel I want/need him to stay.
The biggest reason for both of us is Reagan. We both are totally on the same page, we could do it, and be apart for the duration of this contract, but Evan has wanted to be a dad for so long, he didn't sign up to be a dad just to be gone now. I didn't know just how much Reagan would change during this time, but he is. It hurts me that Evan has missed it. It's all just not worth it. I can't wait to see Evan!!! I hope he does stay home for good!
Sorry that everything is so sucky. Fingers crossed that things turn around very soon. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeletehoping for good news soon! hang in there!!
ReplyDelete