Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Papa's Home!!

Seeing Evan for the first time in a long time and knowing he was going to be coming home for good was so awesome.  We drove to Georgia to pick him up and met at a Pilot station.  We arrived 2 minutes before Evan, perfect timing if you ask me!  I let Reagan stretch his legs in the store, since I woke him up at 4:30am for our journey. 

When Papa walked in the store I was holding Reagan and while Papa was approaching Reagan saw him and it took a few seconds for the reality to sink in.  It seemed like he recognized Evan but he just didn't believe his eyes.  A sweet smile grew on Reagan's face the closer Evan got to him.  Finally Reagan reached for him just as he got close enough to touch.  He instantly hugged his Papa, and just kept his head on his shoulder for a good few minutes, taking a few moments to look up at him before he would put his head on his shoulder again and pat his arms.  Evan and I were crying, of course.  It was sweet to see the love, and sad to think of the time lost.

Reagan KNEW his Papa was home to stay!  Once we got in the car to leave Reagan's eyes got a light in them that hasn't left yet.  He knows his family is together again just the way it should be.  He was all smiles and giggles. He was absolutely adorable watching Evan and I interact on the ride home.  We were holding hands and touchy feely and Reagan would crane his neck to watch and smile, and giggle.  We are all super happy Papa is home!

Something I learned from this experience, which I hoped and assumed was true, but you never really know until it is tested; Evan, and family, is more important to me than money.  I think most people would know that family is more important than money.  I felt I knew my priorities were in order, but I don't think it seemed like that to me at times.  Money, or more specifically, Financial Security is VERY, VERY important to me.

I thought I may go back to work after Reagan was born, but I didn't.  So one small test was passed.  Being a Stay at Home Mama was more important than keeping the money increasing in our home I found increasing the love and care in our home was more valuable.

Then, before Evan even left I wasn't wanting him to leave, but felt I couldn't tell him because of how much of a nag I had been to find another job.  What kind of crazy, mixed up wife would I be to change my mind at that point?!   I felt then, and the feeling only increase over time that, I would rather have Evan home making enough money to provide for our needs, than having all of us missing each other, and missing out on spending our lives together.  Have a family divided is not what families are for.  Having Evan away really let me see Families are designed perfectly, each person has their role, and Evan's (and all men's) role is not just to bring home the bacon.  Not that I ever thought that, but I can see more clearly how a family is supposed to be.  That line in, A Proclamation on the Family, "A Family is ordained of God" has a new meaning.  We aren't meant to be apart.

It felt so empowering and made me feel really good about myself to know now that no doubt about it, I love my family and want us together more than ANYTHING!!!  Money isn't the most important thing to me.

Reagan loves his family together too, he loves to watch Evan and I kiss and hug, it makes him laugh, and he wants to get in on it too.  It's safe to say we are all happy to be together again, this week has been awesome!!

1 comment: