Saturday, June 30, 2012

Our Week with Papa

I'm thankful that another one of the lessons I took away from having Evan gone was how important TIME is.  We need to spend more time together as a family, and a couple.  I took some money out of our savings to give us a cushion while Evan is searching for his new job; which, it seems he may have one already lined up, he just has to wait for the background check to go through.
On the way home we stopped off at the cast iron place to see about getting a tour, they only do that once a year, but we did have a good time looking around their store.  We got home and were all able to take a long nap.  I had to wake Reagan up again because he had a Dr appointment at 3:30.  I HATE taking Reagan for his Well Baby check ups.  I don't give Reagan his shots when they want me to, and I'm not giving him all of them.  EVERY visit is a battle, and they make me feel like the worst Mother.  We didn't even go to his 15 month check up, and we missed another one awhile back too just because I didn't want to deal with all the crap!  After the battle we had a coupon for Steak and Shake and went there for dinner, and used another coupon to get blizzards for dessert on our way to get Evan's hair cut, which was a great big fro!  And get my baby hair trimmed off at Laura's.  I still have another hair cut left before all my nasty straight baby hair is gone.
Reagan's sticker mustache. which was really fire strips for a paper car toy.
Wednesday: Reagan put on Undies for the first time.  We got a great bunch of cloths from a friend and in them were a couple pair of undies for 18month olds.  So adorable.


Undies on the head!
Thursday: We took Reagan to the movies, they have movies for kids during the summer for $1.50.  I sent Evan to pay for us while I got Reagan's shoes on and he paid for Reagan!!  Okay, so it's not $10 but over paying is over paying!  Reagan of course didn't make it through the whole movie.  It was his nap time and he just has too much energy to sit still no matter how great the movie is.  This was really our last day to see a movie with Reagan, after that all the movies they show for the rest of the summer are not movies we want Reagan seeing.  The movie playing was Hop, still not a movie I prefer Reagan to watch but it was okay, what we saw of it.
On our way to our theatre

After the movie
 After we left the movie we stayed for a bit to let Reagan play on the games they had there.  Video games are a Dollar now!!!!!  sheesh, when did that happen?!!  We didn't actually play any of the games, of course.  Unfortunatly, by the time we left, I forgot to get our $1.50 back for Reagan. =( grr


I can almost reach it....

After Reagan got his nap, we went with Papa to the Career Center, but instead of going in with Papa we went and played in the library. After that we drove to try and get free Tim McGraw tickets but by the time we got there they were gone. =( Should have known, but we made the best of it and went to a park that was close by and my Boy's played in the creek w the ducks.






Friday: Reagan had his first Dental Appointment.  Everything looks great, Reagan has great space in his mouth just like his Mama, (I still have all my Wisdom teeth) so he should have any excuse for cavaties!
Hard to get a good picture, I was up against a wall

Saturday: The Zoo was our big adventure, thanks to Aunt Laura we had 2 half off tickets for the Zoo!  They have this fun area that shoots water out for kids to play in.  Reagan had no fear, he LOVED it!!!  And since it was such a hot day we sent him in with clothes on!






Looking at Zebras






Evan's not so sure he likes having a bird potentially poop on him


Sunday: It was wonderful to finally have Evan back to help with Reagan.  I actually got to hear a whole Sacrament meeting!!  woohoo!  We took Reagan to nursery, and Evan was able to see how sleepy Reagan really does get.  So he was actually totally fine getting him home to nap.
Monday: We went to the river that is on the property of family.  Evan and Reagan had so much fun swimming, floating the river, and throwing rocks.  Evan decided it would be a good idea to get some hot dogs and go back out there on Wednesday to have a BBQ and play again.

We have really tried to make the most of Evan being home.  I think we are succeeding. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment