If it's possible to hate sports anymore than I do, I don't know how. I haven't always felt this way. I've been pretty indifferent all my life, I've never liked Baseball, Football has been known to be my favorite.
However, as my marriage has gone on I've hated ALL sports more and more, until now I seriously have to fight a very real strong urge to put my foot through the TV or yank it out of the wall and toss it out the window. If you think I'm exaggerating to prove a point, I'm not. I REALLY hate sports and want to literally do the above mentioned things
I guess there was a very important football game on the Sunday before Christmas, and all the men at our family gathering wanted to watch it. It was nice to watch them all join together and bond over the game. That part was enjoyable. What made me hate football was that on a number of occassions I had started a conversation with my Brothers, and Uncles and each time our converstation was interrupted by an important play. I know that even without the game I would have wanted more time with my family, since I knew I wouldn't be back home for a very very long time all their time would not have been enough. I love my Brother's, and I have not seen my Uncle Tom in 5 years. I was angry that the football game was taking away time I could have been spending with my family.
And right now, Evan is watching a stupid Basketball game. We got in an argument last night, and were supposed to go on a date tonight. I told him this morning he better do something if he wants to get me out of this mood, because right now I don't want to go anywhere with him. He has done nothing, he totally doesn't care I'm upset, Reagan is asleep and we could be working on our issues, but nope, he has shown me what is most important to him, Basketball!! I feel loved and cared about.
I'm also having SEVERE sharp back pain, that brings me to instant tears he can see my pain and says and does nothing to offer help, sympathy or support. I'm so angry right now I hate sports so much,
No comments:
Post a Comment