Monday, December 31, 2012

Letter to Baby #2

Dear #2 Son,

First off, I'm so thankful you are a Boy!  I wanted another child with the idea in mind of giving each of you a Brother to play with.  I never thought that you might be a girl until we were actually expecting you.  I'm very grateful that you and Reagan will have each other to play with, bond with, get into mischief with, and hopefully to be each others best friend.  I had wonderful Brothers growing up, they loved each other, played, and got along so well together.  There is just no doubt that you 2 boys will be the same.

My biggest impression of you right now while you are still in my tummy is that you are very mellow.  You don't move around as much as Reagan did.  You are very quiet.  However, when you do decide to move you make it big!  I know you and Reagan are not your Uncle's Adam & Ryan, but I do sense a similarity already.  You seem mellow and laid back like your Uncle Ryan.  I hope you sleep as well as he does! =)  And Reagan seems to have a grown up mature, thinking quality like Uncle Adam does.  I hope these are all signs that you boys will be close like they were.

I'm excited to see how you will be different from your Brother.  What awesome things are you going to teach me, and this family?  I'm looking forward to my heart growing bigger with even more love!!  I know the saying is true, "Love Multiplies, it doesn't Divide"  I'm not worried about having enough love for all the boys in my family.  Each member is needed and valuable, and brings new adventure.  The only requirement you must have is a sense of humor.

My wish for you is to be healthy, I want you to be the first baby I'm able to leave the hospital with all together as a family.  I want you, Reagan, Papa and I all to leave together from the same hospital.  My wish for myself, as your Mama is that I will be an individual Mama to you.  You are not Reagan, you are you, and I want to love you, teach you, and guide you the way that YOU need it and respond to it.  I pray I will alter myself however needed to be the Mama you need, to empower you to be the person God sent you here to be.

I'm thankful I'm not as scared to be a Mama this time around as I was with your Brother, I hope you can feel that, and it helps you feel secure in coming to this home.  I'm excited to be a Mama again, and it seems like my prayers are still answered to have a child with a sweet spirit.  I know I'm nothing special in the Mama department, so much has to do with the choice Spirits that Heavenly Father gives to me.  Because both my boys seem to come with a calmer, accommodating, spirit; it sort of speaks to me that this is what I could handle.

With your anticipated arrival also brings to my heart a newer sense of security.  The thought of having 3 males in my home feels my heart with security and peace.  I wonder if that is a gift you will bring to everyone you come in contact with, a sense of security, safety and peace.  I believe there is meaning in the feelings I get from you already and the experiences that you and I have already shared.  I'm blessed and thankful to be able to bond with you first.  That is a pretty cool thing that every Mother gets, the opportunity to bond, and have time with each child individually before anyone else does.  I get to know you first!

I love you already, I'm looking forward to meeting you and sharing you with the rest of your family.  It won't be long!  I'm also curious what we will choose your name to be.  Just know, at this moment we are thinking of Ammon, Lincoln, Renton, Kimball, Hyrum, Ezra, and of course your Papa is still holding out that I will lose my mind and agree to naming you Seamus. (don't worry, I'll never be that crazy.)

Love,
Your Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment