I'll try to be brief yet thorough and give an account of our trip to WA.
First off when we got to the airport I opened my wallet to discover I had left my license in Evan's pocket from when we went to Kickers!! THANKFULLY I had an old temporary license stuffed in the depths of my wallet that worked! I had Evan mail me my license later since he went back early.
Also, I don't know what our luck is with one of us always being sick when we go on vacations. I was sick when we came out here for Thanksgiving, E was sick when we went to the family reunion, and I was sick again on this trip.
During the fights Reagan did so well. on the way to WA he cried going up for maybe 2 seconds then slept. In Denver we had to B line to our next plane, people were already loading when I got there, I had to pee and change Reagan but didn't have time. Very sweet old people next to me held him for me while I had to get settled and since I was in the front row I was able to change Reagan right in my seat.
I arrived in WA first, (Evan and I had to take separate planes because by the time I was done booking Evan's flight the fare had gone up $100.) Andrea (my friend and our previous employer) picked us up at the airport. She was so sweet and excited to see us. She jumped out of the car, hugged Evan before he could even set anything down. On the way to her house she stopped at a friends house and picked up a breast pump, swing and play mat for Reagan and I. Once we got settled we went out to eat then drove past my mom's but since she wasn't home we dropped by Adam's for a bit since they live so close then went home to get some rest.
The next day, I got my nails done at my favorite place, The lady was so sweet she ran outside and hugged me. I love my nail place! Evan and I then had teriyaki for lunch! One of the many foods we miss since moving to TN. We then went to paint away, that was our favorite date activity to do together we have really missed spending that time together creating memories and pieces of art. We then went to the church distribution center, and deseret bookstore. then had dinner w/ Lessa and Andrew, great friends that we would hang out with and play games with in WA. Before we went home (back to Andrea's) We went back to Adam's to give Reagan a blessing since he was starting to get stuffed up and coughing, and I got a blessing as well. Reagan healed very fast, I was not far behind. On our way back to Andrea's we drive past where my mom lives and her car was in her spot so we pulled in so she could see Reagan
The next day we had lunch at Claim Jumper w/ mom where Reagan tried a little taste of my BBQ sauce and did not like it, tried Evan's BBQ sauce and liked it, and then tried a little lick of a pickle and liked that as well! After, we went back to Paint away to finish up our work, then drove to Seattle to see Pike Place Market. I was planning on going dancing that night so Evan treated himself to Shellfish at the Crab Pot. We then drove back to Andrea's so I could get ready to go to McCabes.
Now to talk about my time at McCabes, I was expecting it to be just like if always had. Dancing has always had a healing affect on me. It has always filled me with so much joy and carried over into the next day w rejuvenation and happiness. Just stepping onto the dance floor is like a rush of fresh air. I'm not trying to be cheesy or over exaggerate. This is truly how dancing makes me feel, however this time it was fun and I had a really great time but it was not the same. My heart is totally with Reagan right now. maybe in time I will be able to get the thrill and feeling back but for right now my joy comes from Reagan, he is what takes my breathe away now and I'm totally okay with that. I'm glad I went out dancing to know where my heart is now, and know I'm not missing out on anything. I'm very thankful my heart is where it needs to be. I will still go out dancing here in TN, but I won't look to it to fill me with joy any more like I used to.
Being in WA it is so good to be home to see familiar places and know where I'm going and what's around me. It feels like I never left, and like I don't have to go back home. I love WA. But over time I started to miss TN too.
Saturday we had more tereyaki, went to see Harry Potter w/ mom. Unfortunately it was too loud for Reagan which I knew it was going to be. So I ended up sitting in the lobby for over half the movie. After the movie we went to Fred Meyer to get E a shirt for church, picked up Zeeks pizza on our way back to Andrea's. Evan watched football and I went to bed.
Sunday we had Reagan's blessing, I was really touched to see the power of the Priesthood united together to give my son a name and a blessing. To see a group of the most important men in my life coming together. I will never forget that feeling. Evan was pretty nervous, and emotional for many reasons. But he gave a wonderful blessing. I'm so proud of him. Everyone in attendance.. Deb, Lessa & Andrew, Shawna & Lee, Adam Lise,there kids Beth Ryan, and there kids, & my Mom. We then dropped Evan at the airport so he could go home, drove to my mom's to wait for dinner of steak and potato's. There is something so calming and familiar about my mom's house, I couldn't help but fall right to sleep, until Reagan woke up. We went to Adam's for dinner, the boys were so funny, Dean talked to Reagan like an adult, telling him multiplication problems, and holding him.
Monday, went to lunch w/ my friend Cindy. Before lunch we stopped by Dr. Burts and Dr. Matheny to say hi. Then spent the rest of the day at Deb's. however, since I was still sick...or trying to get over my sickness I went home early to sleep. Thankfully Reagan slept from 8:30-2:20!!! BLESSING, because the night before he didn't sleep well at all. I had to let him cry long enough to go into another room to take a time out to pray and breathe before I went back in for round 2. The prayer worked and Reagan and I found a common ground. =)
Tuesday I had a dentist appt w/ Dr Hilton, then had lunch with Shawna and Lise at Red Robin! It was so wonderful, I had a really great time with them. I was planning on going back to Andrea's but I got a text that my friend Vicki was available so I stopped off at her house for awhile before heading to Andrea's for the rest of the night.
I've been stopping by the library periodically to make quick notes so I will remember what I did this whole time. And this is where my notes stopped.
I think I stayed at Andrea's all day Wednesday since I wanted to give Reagan a rest. Thursday I think I was at her house most the time too. But I think it was Wednesday night that I ended up calling Evan in the middle of the night to have him book me a flight home early because Reagan is starting to be a huge pill and I could not do it alone. Even as I type this Reagan is screaming his head off but there is seriously nothing I can do so setting him down and letting him cry is the best thing for both of us. But dang it is so fricken annoying!!!! What happened to my sweet perfect baby?!! Seriously, if this keeps up Reagan is securing his spot as an ONLY child!!!!!!!!!!
Friday I went to see my Great Grandma Davis & Doug, then had lunch w/ Ryan, picked up our stuff from Paint Away then went with Deb & Lessa to Tot Spot.
Saturday was spent going through all my stuff from my childhood and deciding what to throw out and what to keep. Pictures to follow!! YIKES! Then we had one last dinner at Adam's again with my Grandpa and Helen.
Sunday, I flew home. Reagan did even better on this flight! I was so glad to be back. I really missed Evan.
glad you had such a nice trip home and that you are starting to get use to TN :) Hope to see you at kickers sometime too! We should double. I use to go alot when Jared was gone to relieve the stress of being a single mommy of 3 and learned so much. I love line dancing and I love the exercise!
ReplyDelete